Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Emmson

Just like earlier in the week a Notts win doubles my return.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

It'll have to be another gubbing now Notts are floundering. :evil:
Emmson

A vile game to trade the IPL final and a vile tournament....good riddance for another year. You simply cannot foresee some of the incidents in that game....about 20 of them. Very fortunate to get out of that without serious damage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

I never fully trust Bangladesh
LeTiss

One of the markets that has grown over the years, as opposed to many that have shrunk, is Cricket

£75M matched on England-Pakistan so far

Cricket markets were never this big, when I started out many years back
Emmson

This looks safe now but I have been in bother on this game.
Emmson

Out just before Bairstow fell
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 pm
One of the markets that has grown over the years, as opposed to many that have shrunk, is Cricket

£75M matched on England-Pakistan so far

Cricket markets were never this big, when I started out many years back
Peter recently posted a blog on the phenomenal growth of Cricket markets
https://www.betangel.com/blog/betfair-cricket/
Archangel

Please forgive my absolute ignorance on the subject but whats the cause of the huge traded volume in Cricket in the last few years. I am assuming it must be some form of courtsiding ?
Emmson

India is the source of much of that liquidity, especially bookies, how it's finding its way onto betfair is a mystery to me to me as betfair officially pulled out of India a few months ago and afterwards I saw no drop off at all.

We who have cricket as out fave trading sport feel privileged to have them.
Archangel

How come the draw is not part of the main match odds market ? It's hard to trade the draw then ?
megarain

The Draw is offered as a tradeable option on all 4 or 5 day Test matches, or 3-4 day county games.

One day games (20 overs, 40 overs or 50 overs) cannot end in a Draw. It's a Tie if scores are level .. and all bets are voided.

Test matches can end in a Tie .. but it's like 1 in 200 yrs, so don't worry about it.

It's not just Indian money in the markets .. Sports hedge funds are also in there.
Archangel

Cheers. I have a lot to learn about cricket !

Funnily enough Ireland v Bangladesh is on today just down the road from me, maybe I should go and watch !
Emmson

This looks safe and Bangladesh don't appear to be at it today so will let this run all the way down to hopefully 1.01
Archangel

Are you picking specific moments in the match to trade in and out to lessen the risk of being caught with a big move ?

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”