Trading Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
iambic_pentameter

Megarain,

Thanks for taking the time to share these details - especially in the early hours.

Without asking you to reveal your secrets, are there any pointers you could give about price movements?

For example, if you layed the draw as per Crunchfrog's stats, what sort of price increase could you see over, say, a morning or afternoon's session - just thinking based on your comments about micro-trading.

Iambic
Emmson

I don't do what Megarain does, that sounds too analytical for me and I'm not that way inclined. I use my cricket reading skills and drip my way into a position and then try & drip my way out.

Like I have just done on the Women's Ashes T20 RIGHT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1VjGQgMOkU

Eng are about to begin the chase and I don't think they have any chance at all.
Emmson

Eng are about to begin the chase and I don't think they have any chance at all
Getting It Wrong!

They have flipped the market from 1.01 Aus and are on course to win. I never placed another bet after that vid.
mcfc1981

Best advice I can give you is learn the value of each batsman wicket and how a 4 and 6 will effect the market at each point in the game.
mcfc1981

good example is now in the t20 game....
current odds 1.65
Gayle out odds will go to about 1.35
Mituhn out odds 1.5
mcfc1981

match odds were 1.87 and dipped to a low on Gayle's wicket of 1.46 (which was too low given the current runrate) before settling at 1.52.
Euler

I keep meaning to look at cricket seriously, but I'm so busy on everything else it's tough.
megarain

Euler wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 pm
I keep meaning to look at cricket seriously, but I'm so busy on everything else it's tough.
Just for laffs, here is an out-take, literally, the 1st stab, at using the beta/OBS (recording software), and everything else.

Many probs, with beta, and the recording software, not showing the whole screen.

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaolc6t1zkhpc ... s.mp4?dl=0
megarain

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:08 am
Megarain,

Thanks for taking the time to share these details - especially in the early hours.

Without asking you to reveal your secrets, are there any pointers you could give about price movements?

For example, if you layed the draw as per Crunchfrog's stats, what sort of price increase could you see over, say, a morning or afternoon's session - just thinking based on your comments about micro-trading.

Iambic
Its not a metric I measure, so, cant really comment. I have a daily mental expected value, and hit it, with surprising frequency.
harsh

megarain wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:49 am
Another set of stats https://twitter.com/FrogCrunchy are the ICC standings :

iccnov2017jpg.jpg

These stats, may also be a worthy starting point, for some strats.
Hi. I will be thankful if you tell 'What these figures are sayin'.
I dont wana make a guess to myself, Its better to ask.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tommassi

Hi megarain,

I’ve previously downloaded Betfair data from data.betfair.com. Is this where you downloaded your data from ?
megarain

historical betfair com

£75 a mth, for 1 sec data

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”