Karnataka Premier league games taken off Betfair - Very Strange!

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
buyshirts

So Betfair covered the whole tournament last year and they have done the two games so far this year now all of a sudden they have taken all the remaining games off the site.
I tweeted and asked and got the following reply.

Betfair Help
‏Verified account @BetfairCS
17m17 minutes ago
Replying to @Buyshirts1

Unfortunately we will not be offering matches in this tournament for the foreseeable future due to a technical issue. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

So i questioned the "Technical Issue" bit and said surely there isn't any difference in T20 markets and they replied "im afraid so"

This is obviously a bogus excuse the only reason i can put it down to is that they have evidence that the matches have been fixed but not want to risk being sued if they say it better just to say a "technical issue"
Euler

Usually a 'technical issue' is lack of coverage of some regulatory issue. They often have people on the ground to prevent abuse but if they can't offer that they pull the market. Not saying this is the case here, but that's often the cause.
buyshirts

Surely if it was a regulatory issue that would of surfaced by the start of the tournament
Euler

You would have thought so
buyshirts

I would of thought considering how much is traded on these matches that they wouldn't of ruled out the whole tournament and try to recitify and regaltory issue that has cropped up.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”