Ashes 2013

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
gazuty

Euler, no Ashes blog?

Its the greatest rivalry in the history of the modern world.

Go Aussies.

I still remember staying up late on university holidays watching all the 1989 series, wondering if Steve Waugh would ever be dismissed during the series.

My love of cricket has wained over the last ten years, not just because Australia's performances have wained. I love test match cricket but can't get excited about anything else anymore.

Viva the Ashes.
LeTiss

I'm quite excited about this

Test match cricket from a trading aspect is just immense, the Ashes are off the scale

£2.3M already traded & we still have 3 hours until the first ball is bowled
gazuty

Doh, England win toss and bat. Last nine tests between these two are won by side that bats first.

Cricket can produce some amazing swings. Here we go.
LeTiss

I think the first session will tell us a great deal about Australia

The general feeling, is that this is the worst Aussie bowling line up for ages, and they will struggle to take 20 wickets each match
Euler

I'm also looking forward to it, but don't trade cricket, but can see it's appeal so going to do more work on it this summer.

Any pointers welcome!
gazuty

LeTiss 4pm wrote:
The general feeling, is that this is the worst Aussie bowling line up for ages, and they will struggle to take 20 wickets each match

We've read that out here. Same was said in 89.

In my view, Australia's issues are not in the taking of the 20 wickets. It is the Aussie batting that has been brittle.

I also have no experience in trading cricket. But will gather data.
Euler

Just stuck up a blog post on the growth on cricket, here is the graph.
10-07-2013 11-30-58 - Cricket vs racing inplay.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Amazing growth rate.
LeTiss

Those figures have been primarily driven by T20, especially IPL + Aussie Big Bash
gazuty

Wow. Pieterson out. 3/102. If Trott goes watch out for a big drift on England. Australia well in this. 400 is the pass mark for a first innings on this wicket in my opinion.

Australia already been out to 9 and under 5.
LeTiss

Good call, gazuty - you have called it perfectly

Australia bowled really well, but their batting is in tatters
gazuty

Yep. Australia bowled really well.

But it's not Australia's bowling that the issue for this series. It's the batting. And when Clarke doesn't anchor the innings and get a big score, then Australia loses :(
henryluca

Great arbitrage opportunities for those "in the know".

Thanks to betfair /betangel and the nature of greed ...Cricket gets suspicious on all levels.

No doubt alone in my cynicism. :o
gazuty

Already one of those great games where no matter what your strategy you could already be green.

You could have laid the favourite England at the outset under 2 and watched it drift to 3 once Trott got out and they drifted away. Or, you could have back England and still green out now once they cleaned Australia up or even early on once Trott got going.

Still lots of twists and turns to come, in my view.

Australia batts very deep and if the sun shines today it won't surprise that Australia end up with a small first innings lead.
andyfuller

I know Mark Iverson trades a lot of cricket - think he still has a blog and know he is on Twitter so probably worth a follow. He posts on the this forum at times as well.

Can any one remember the old Betfair website (it was rubbish imo) when they had the blog about the guy who traded Cricket to pay for his wedding on the landing page. It was one of the things that got me into trading and I used to love to read it.

Oh how times have changed at Betfair!

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”