KFC T20 Big Bash

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Shamrock

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and all the best for the new year.
I missed the first two games and the third was a wash out, but got on board for the fourth.
I must say thet given the nature of the game there were some huge swings. Did anyone trade the first two games?
Game 1 the Stars and the Renegades looked like one way traffic, but game 2 the 6ers and the Thunder looked like a good trader.
I have attached the Betfair screen for the game and here is the link to the Game tracker:
http://matchcentre.bigbash.com.au/postm ... dex/2874/4
Was Game 2 the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

Volatility. Love it. Almost any strategy comes through.
Shamrock

Brisbane Heat set a record score in the Big Bash, and then lose.
I hate cricket but this is great trading, i think it is better than tennis.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
burdo77

It was an Australian record run chase. Brisbane went down to 1.13 then lost that game, in addition, Boxing Day, Melbourne traded at 1.03 then lost.

Volitility seems very high because the average punter finds it hard to evaluate a par score.

Lay, lay again lay again and again and again.
burdo77

I haven't applied it, but peters golden finger rule would be fine addition....
Shamrock

They put the stats up as the game goes on, Hobart were in front of the run chase for most of their innings they only seemed in trouble for a bit of the 16th over.
If the average punter cant work it out I'm happy.
burdo77

Is betfair legal in India? This may be generalisation, however if so, I wouldn't be surprised if large volume bets are coming from India rather than traders. Gamblers do not view market like a trader.There is usually around 20mill traded at every game.

There is good ball by ball coverage on cric buzz. It's a great app. The commentary mentioned that at the change of the innings there would be no problem chasing down this huge total given the quality of the pitch. They were Right except punters did not see that.
Golfer

I would estimate that a significant amount of liquidity comes from India, no comment on legality though ;)
gazuty

Had a big green on last nights match.

But ended in a tie. No dead heat rule. Rather all bets voided. Aggghhh. :(
kroni

didn't realise they could tie, did they not play a super over?
Shamrock

Stupid rule, was all green and then all void. They had the super over as a seperate market. Again I called Befair to find out what was happening the super over was just about to start. I tried to back Perth at 2.20 but just missed.
Why would they void a market with $20 mil matched when there has to be a result?
gazuty

Shamrock wrote:Why would they void a market with $20 mil matched when there has to be a result?
Yep. It's pretty weird.

Just have a dead heat rule - pay out half or include the super over in the result market.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”