Twenty20 world cup

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Consty1

Most of the full time guys I follow on Twitter seem to be trading Cricket and doing very well. I'd assume that in play, like any sport, you have to profile/model the game state and form an opinion rather than just trade the numbers?
kelpie

Consty1 wrote:I'd assume that in play, like any sport, you have to profile/model the game state and form an opinion rather than just trade the numbers?
Nah. Trade the numbers in front of you. Form books are for anoraks.
convoysur-2

Hi Cricket lovers
i know nothing about cricket ,but i do trade the games with draw no bet ,i do ok with these,
for me they are hard to find,
whats the difference ? draw no bet is not offered for all cricket games ,what is the name of the league or games it is offered ?im looking at nz and south africa now ,please tell me why there is no draw offered for this match ,
and would any one be kind enough to tell me where i can find stats on how many games end in draws ?
thanks in advance
Marc
kroni

draws are only offered on test matches (5 day matches), this match nz v sa is 20/20 is just a 20 over game and is played to get a result, not sure about rules in this competition but in most 20/20 a draw is not possible as if scores are tied at the end of both innings, both teams will bat again for 1 over to decide result
hhh

Oh no... Anything but a draw.. :cry:
hhh

Beauty.. Dam Saffas. :x

Consty - you might want to read this:
http://markiverson.com/5-quick-cricket-trading-tips/
kelpie

Betfair Bot Alert!!

Betfair traded against then for South Africa winning over NZ - in my view. Their bot moved the odds on South Africa winning way, way out to 10.0 and then back in to win at the closing stages.

Does not compute. Tight match, okay, but there's no way NZ can win so easily - it's not rugby where they select and manage their preferred referees :D
kroni

not sure it was a bot, it was just an over reaction to a wicket and the 10 was only available for afew seconds and it came back to around 6's I think, I tried to lay at 1.1 but was to slow
kroni

edit: meant to say over reaction to a boundary not a wicket lol
Consty1

hhh wrote:Beauty.. Dam Saffas. :x

Consty - you might want to read this:
http://markiverson.com/5-quick-cricket-trading-tips/
I actually follow Mark on Twitter and he's always been really helpful whenever I've asked him something.

He uses a fairly complex model to trade cricket though.
steven1976

I did nice on that game. I don't know cricket but it was down at around 1.1 with 10 balls left and it just seemed far to low. Even needing a 4 off the last bowl I thought the odds seemed quite low. Its good fun watching the 20/20
burdo77

I actually follow Mark on Twitter and he's always been really helpful whenever I've asked him something.

He uses a fairly complex model to trade cricket though.
Hi Consty, Im wondering if you have his model, or where i could see it?

I understand a model is important for the 1st innings, however wouldn't duckworth lewis be better for the 2nd???
Consty1

Sorry I've not seen it in any great detail or have ever had access to it. He used to post screenshots of his models and their projections whilst trading a match. He's stopped doing that now and tends to just offer his view on how he thinks a match may pan out. I remember him using some kind of chase model for the 2nd innings though.
burdo77

My lay at 1.04 looking good :D
BJGardner

Go mighty Dutch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”