We've gone to the dogs.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:42 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:26 pm
Thebest147 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:19 am
William hill live video have greyhounds all day long and it's free so no excuse to be caught out, I think it's w hill main page then go to media then it's self explanatory after that
Live video is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to greyhounds. I've seen markets suspending 1-2 minutes before the dogs are even put into the traps. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when most dogs markets are suspended.
'Live' video is a bit of a misnomer when it's a minute behind, but I use it just to see what happened sometimes if I'm left with shades of green rather than an even green. There's not much to learn from seeing dogs being lifted into boxes like there is with loading horses anyway.
So you're not a believer of backing big when a dog takes a dump Shaun?! :P :D
Dim

Trading this evening was all about opening a lay position some time off on a favorit and closing it for a profit later. I think it was possible to trade blaindly , incredible, so many of drifing favs today
BetScalper

Dim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:07 pm
Trading this evening was all about opening a lay position some time off on a favorit and closing it for a profit later. I think it was possible to trade blaindly , incredible, so many of drifing favs today
Nothing unique about tonight when using that method. It happens every day, in the morning, afternoon and evening.

The knack is spotting when a greyhound's price is far lower than expected for no apparent reason. i.e. Volume, distance winner, course winner and speed rating.

There are experts at spotting them, some of whom are on this very forum.

One simple way (not fool proof) is to check a fav's price compared to its traded volume compared to the other runners prices and volumes. If you see an in balance then either lay or back it. You will be surprised how often you make a profit. ;)
Dim

BetScalper wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:32 pm
Dim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:07 pm
Nothing unique about tonight when using that method. It happens every day, in the morning, afternoon and evening.

The knack is spotting when a greyhound's price is far lower than expected for no apparent reason. i.e. Volume, distance winner, course winner and speed rating.

There are experts at spotting them, some of whom are on this very forum.

One simple way (not fool proof) is to check a fav's price compared to its traded volume compared to the other runners prices and volumes. If you see an in balance then either lay or back it. You will be surprised how often you make a profit. ;)
I am surprised :shock: literally every fav was layed
Moving from football, as season is almost over to greyhounds. So many opportunities in these markets! :D :D
dmbusa

Got caught out by the randomness of the suspension a couple of times today or rather the automation did. Stupidly I had forgotten to change the green all rule timing to 50 seconds when I copied the rules over from horse racing
eightbo

Peculiar activity in the 21:26 Hove there
CallumPerry

I just made a mistake on the 21:14 Newcastle :lol:

I was testing a random workbook - just connecting the triggers, testing everything was flowing etc so attached it to a greyhound market. 30 seconds or so of accidentally being live resulted in 62 matched bets and 2 unmatched. Luckily minimum stakes was the set value and I got out with just a small £5.61 loss. Could have been much, much worse so counting my blessings. 2 of the 6 runners could have got me £15 profit but yeah, if anyone was a bit confused by any activity in the 21:14, my bad.
eightbo

CallumPerry wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm
I just made a mistake on the 21:14 Newcastle :lol:

I was testing a random workbook - just connecting the triggers, testing everything was flowing etc so attached it to a greyhound market. 30 seconds or so of accidentally being live resulted in 62 matched bets and 2 unmatched. Luckily minimum stakes was the set value and I got out with just a small £5.61 loss. Could have been much, much worse so counting my blessings. 2 of the 6 runners could have got me £15 profit but yeah, if anyone was a bit confused by any activity in the 21:14, my bad.
Funnily enough, I felt that was one of the most stable markets all day from 104 races.
eightbo

Just watched it back - it traded like a pre-race horse market lol
ShaunWhite

You're not alone Callum, and it's why I almost empty my account before testing anything and set it to minimum stake. Only a few weeks ago I tested something and sprayed 25 £2 bets into a market in less than half a second. Like you I got away lightly but it if it had access to my full bank it would have got messy. (I'd fully tested my bot, but deployed the wrong version)
eightbo

Imagine how colourful a thread dedicated to automation horror stories would be... :mrgreen:
ANGELS15

I was testing a greyhound dutching bot a few days ago. I decided to test it with small stakes on a couple of races. I set it to dutch to a book % of £6. It won on the 1st 2 races. But I quickly realised that what it had done was backed 1 or 2 gtreyhounds for about 75p. I was'nt sure if this would cause problems with Betfair minimum stake rules so I upped the stake to book % to £24. Again the first couple of races won I was up about £50. I loaded up an hour's worth of dog races and went off to do something. When I came back 45 minutes later I was down £100 from where I'd started at the begining of the experiment! I realised I needed to tweak the bot. A couple of races were just about to go off and there were 2 more that had been loaded up by the bot but had been delayed for about 20 minutes. fortunately these races won and I ended up breaking even.

I tested the bot the next day and lost another £60. I realised that the problem was when you have 3 co-favourites in the ordinary betting at say 3/1. This may not be reflected on Betfair or you could have an 11/4 favourite and 3/1 second favourite but they're the other way round on Betfair.

I find I can execute the strategy better when I can compare the bookies odds with Betfair rather than automating it.
dmbusa

so last and and this morning I've notice nearly every dog in every race the first price matched is 10. causing some issues with my automation
eightbo

Usually see some small £ matched at irrelevant prices in the early market. Some form of time filter should work.
BlackHat Betting

PeterLe wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:03 pm
The Greyhound market is worth looking for anyone using automation...
Ive automated this using a variation of a file Dallas uploaded. Thank you Dallas (although Id rather not say which one as its easy to reproduce :)

Ive only been running this for a couple of weeks as a trial, but early indications are it is positive when compared with the actual SP results..
Anyway, Ive often wondered if anyone is having good results with modified version of Dallas files. So touch wood this is an example.
Produced circa £370 in the last couple of weeks, yesterday was terrible, but its bounced back today. 100% Guardian Automation

Early days, big swings; and I dont know whether this will fly yet.. but optimistic (just ported it to the Horse racing market too for testing)..

Anyway feedback for Dallas - appreciate all the examples you upload
Regards
Peter
How is your bot working out for you now?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”