Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
poklius

That one is from mid January 2019 to today. Could be just seasonal variance, so Im keeping it running till winter and maybe its gonna turn up again :ugeek:
ShaunWhite

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:45 am
A very common theme on the forum is "How many bets do you need to know whether a system is profitable"...well 4700 bets in, I still dont know (yet)
I think that common question is flawed and misses a key factor. You're not the only one in the market. Other people are starting and stopping strategies or looking out for patterns and adapting. It's a moving target. I started running one in early May, who's to say I'm not affecting yours, or that if you stop yours then mine would perform better. Dog markets especially are tiny and it doesn't take much to rock the boat. You'll little corner shop might be ticking along just fine, until Tesco open a shop next door.
sa7med

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:34 pm
PeterLe wrote:
A very common theme on the forum is "How many bets do you need to know whether a system is profitable"...well 4700 bets in, I still dont know (yet)
I think that common question is flawed and misses a key factor. You're not the only one in the market. Other people are starting and stopping strategies or looking out for patterns and adapting. It's a moving target. I started running one in early May, who's to say I'm not affecting yours, or that if you stop yours then mine would perform better. Dog markets especially are tiny and it doesn't take much to rock the boat. You'll little corner shop might be ticking along just fine, until Tesco open a shop next door.
Everyone has gotten in the greyhounds game eh. Well done for making it work. I've tried greyhounds on multiple occasions to no avail. I guess I need more data, patience and hard work. As always my inbox is open to little hints and pearls of wisdom :D
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:34 pm
PeterLe wrote:
I think that common question is flawed and misses a key factor.
As well as time period. Cos there are quite a few valid strategies with <500 bets a yr, & waiting 10yrs to confirm it... no thanks!! Not everyone trades high frequency strategies.

Personally, I value the "shape" of the equity curve very highly (I like seeing roughly consistent gains & drawdowns)

I don't care how many bets, we start seeing a downward concave.. maybe Tesco's moving in :!: :!:

ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 pm
As well as time period.
Time is good point, I'd guess that dogs might have the highest trader:punter ratio of any mainstream market so would be heaviliy influenced by who's doing what. Given the same number of picks, you'd be more confident in a strategy that lasted all year than one that lasted all afternoon.
sentinel

Hi Guys
Does anyone know what's happened to today's betfair greyhound cards?
eightbo

sentinel wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 am
Hi Guys
Does anyone know what's happened to today's betfair greyhound cards?
I noticed when I went to bed last night nothing was available yet.

As of right now the morning cards and 2 afternoon cards have been added.
I presume a 3rd afternoon card and the evening cards will be added in due course.
eightbo

dmbusa wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am
so last and and this morning I've notice nearly every dog in every race the first price matched is 10. causing some issues with my automation
I backed 5/6 runners in a fresh market at 9.8 today out of curiosity.

The £2 bets came in once again on all runners but at lower prices on the 5/6 dogs I backed (matched @ 4, 4, 5, 8, 8) and matched at 10 on the dog I didn't back lol.
eightbo

Guys the Derby is tonight. 21:10 Nottingham, be there !!!!!!
eightbo

Oh no I spaghetti'd it !!!!!!!! Got stuck in a position and wasted sooooooo much time !!!

How frustrating! Still my best ever result on a greyhound market but could have been 3x on a slightly different day.

Volume was around £260k
Naffman

Markets slow to load today fyi
Naffman

Again they only have 1 meeting loaded for today so far
Euler

I can only see two, but they are loading correctly. Maybe refresh the market tree?
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:42 am
I can only see two, but they are loading correctly. Maybe refresh the market tree?
They used to load them all well in advance didn't they?

So slow nowadays and no good if you want to just load the markets and forget
BertieBert

the management of the markets seems to be an absolute shower today. have they put a summer intern in charge or something?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”