Previous winners of the greyhound derby

We've gone to the dogs.
MemphisFlash

Greyhound Derby All-Time Results.xls

Previous winners, trainers and times
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

Thanks man!!

Nice touch.
megarain

Anyone going to the final ?

I might just make it .. 9pm is early, and Lords final, takes precedence.
HRacing

Will be there working for one of the books, I may even try and sneak a post of his p/l on here after ;)
megarain

Shud be pretty busy .. went to the qtr-finals, and was a bit disappointed with the lack of betting options. Trfile surprised, the non-tv races, offered small arbs (2.25 on the crse, u could lay 2.04 Bf .. obviously, bookies knew (it got beat).

Am there as a guest of the title sponsor .. He ploughs money in, left/right and centre. Hope he has a decent night.
HRacing

I use to work there pretty much full time when towcester first opened (first night was different class as well documented with the ovverounds :oops: ).
Stopped around a year ago as the the extra expense wasnt needed by the two lads I was working for. Havnt been to any of the heats but really looking forward to the final. The sponsor have done a great job imo. Dont know Mr Keith myself but having seen their books posted on twitter for ascot week im sure hes in for a fun and hopefully profitable night.
megarain

Think the final is a decent heat.

Its all about price. If they take 2.0 Clares Rocket, I would have to take it on .. same with Tyrur Shay, at anything sub 3.0. Hiya Butt might be some value, at 6.0+ .. couldnt take 5.0.

I dont suppose there will be much value on the night .. which, is fair enough.

I sorta expect, Tyrur Shay to come 2nd .. dont really see him winning .. but, took on Westmead hawk in previous yrs .. so, know finishers can get the job done.

Really hope I get to see the final .. it might be touch and go.
HRacing

megarain wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:56 pm
Think the final is a decent heat.

Its all about price. If they take 2.0 Clares Rocket, I would have to take it on .. same with Tyrur Shay, at anything sub 3.0. Hiya Butt might be some value, at 6.0+ .. couldnt take 5.0.

I dont suppose there will be much value on the night .. which, is fair enough.

I sorta expect, Tyrur Shay to come 2nd .. dont really see him winning .. but, took on Westmead hawk in previous yrs .. so, know finishers can get the job done.

Really hope I get to see the final .. it might be touch and go.
Good luck whichever way you play. Clares Rocket pushing 3.0 so getting my interest now!
MemphisFlash

I'll be there, only 45 minutes from Leicester.
Clares Rocket all the way
megarain

I do miss Hinckley flaps .. some good days there.

As good a grounding in the game, as u will get anywhere.

I would have a serious think about backing Clare's rocket at 3.0.

But, do feel, just about whatever leads wins .. even thou Tyree picked up Hiya Butt in the qtr.

Enjoy etc.
megarain

Got there for the stayers, the race before the big-one.

No security .. I had a hospitaility tkt inside, but, walked into the track !! Old habits etc.
IMG_0925.JPG
This was back of the track .. v busy .. title sponsor had 3 books, jotted about, taking v decent money. Atmosphere was tremendous, and I coudnt
fault, all the thought they must have put in.

Had a greyhound super judge on my table, and his price card was v good. U can trade etc, knowing what prices dogs should be. They bet pretty well on the track .. which, was to be expected. The derby result, was 'massive'. Spoke to a rep from one of the other firms .. they won £10k, on the night.
IMG_0933.JPG
IMG_0925.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Winning owner with the trophy .. a lof of people, wanted selfies etc.

The game is v real .. more so than horse-racing, which seems just for the super-rich.

Some pro-judges had big prices about dogs in the final, but, the final was a bit odd. I did think Tyrur would win down the back .. and was a little surprised I ddnt have to pay.

Was a great night.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”