Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Naffman

Whats happened to your greyhound screenshot that you've edited into a tennis screenshot?
Iron

I think accusing people of making bogus claims is distasteful. What has Memphis got to gain by bullshitting? It's not like he is trying to sell a course or software (not a dig at Peter, btw).

Equally, though, I think showing unsolicited p&l statements is also pretty distasteful (and I don't buy the argument that it inspires people). You wouldn't go around showing your neighbours your wage slip to impress them, and this isn't much different.

Rant over. 😂

Jeff
spreadbetting

Surely you're not that naive, Jeff, you'll be wondering why people aftertime next :)
Iron

Genuinely no idea what you mean.

You aren't using a dictionary definition of the word aftertime. :?
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:12 pm
Surely you're not that naive, Jeff, you'll be wondering why people aftertime next :)
Naffman

You've been away that long Jeff you have no idea what funny sh*t this guys been up to :lol:
Iron

I really don't care.

He could trade dressed as a woman while wearing a Bet Angel hat and singing Suspicious Minds backwards for all I care!

If you think someone is full if it, fine, just ignore them.

There's no need to publicly ridicule someone because you find them eccentric or believe they are full of it.

Just ignore them. They'll be happier, you'll be happier, and the forum will be happier. What could be more 'win win'?

And it's good that you are so confident that MF is bullshitting, or you might feel threatened and feel the need to make snarky remarks...
Naffman wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm
You've been away that long Jeff you have no idea what funny sh*t this guys been up to :lol:
spreadbetting

Ferru123 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm

, or you might feel threatened and feel the need to make snarky remarks...

Surely implying someone feels threatened by the screenshots could also be considered a snarky remark, probably best not to polish that halo just yet , Jeff.
Iron

So because I point out that Naffman may be bullying MF because he feels threatened, that means that I feel threatend! 😂

Thanks for reminding me why I gave this forum a swerve for so long.

Bye
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm
Ferru123 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm

, or you might feel threatened and feel the need to make snarky remarks...

Pot and kettle , eh Jeff ;)
spreadbetting

You must be a slow typer, Jeff as I'd amended the comment before you'd replied to make things clearer , didn't want you having sleepless nights by jumping to all sorts of conclusions :)
SeaHorseRacing

Memphis share some more light into how you reach such good targets may stop all the nonsense.

Peter specifically said using multiple runners.. IMO your figures on greyhounds look high and think Naffman was just speaking his mind.

All being said Naffman I have a lot of respect for. Good contributor here on the forum.
sionascaig

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:12 pm
. IMO your figures on greyhounds look high...
I'm just wondering if its the way Memphis calculates his RoI - often quoted at 30% that causes confusion...

If I do a £10 trade & make 10p I've made a 1% return.
If I repeat this trade 30 times successfully, I've made £3 (or 1% on a turnover of the £300 matched or 30% on the £10 stake)...

==> If its the same £10 I've reused (or leveraged as Peter describes it in his video) isn't your return 30% as that is all the capital you invested?
Euler

I think it's legitimate to count it both ways.

I tend to look at return on turnover as that is better long-term measure, but that can be tiny. Maybe 10th's of a % often.

If you measure as return on capital used it will be very high. If you measure it that way your return can almost be infinite! There was one year early when I earned 12.5 times my maximum liability, so that doesn't seem an appropriate measure long term IMHO.
xitian

I don't think it makes a massive amount of sense calculating return on working capital, as that will vary hugely depending on trading style and can be massive numbers like Peter said. Calculated that way, one of my strategies averages around 33% a day, or 12166% a year! That's in-running though, so limited scalability.

Profit on turnover makes a lot more sense, and shows you how small a margin you have on each individual bet. Like Peter said, for a trader with a scalpy type style, this is likely to be around 0.5% or even less, and when you compare that to the margins between ticks which are of the magnitude in the 0.5% range (depending on where you are on the ladder) you can see that an edge is often as little as 1 tick. From that you can see that taking a price vs offering a price can have a noticeable impact on the success of a strategy.
MemphisFlash

tweaking my greyhound bot again
dog.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

If people would show their trading results by video there will be no room for suspicion, for example here is my work on India Lanka test match that finishes tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni_kKZ2JkcQ

Personally I am appalled that some may be falsifying p&l's.
Last edited by Emmson on Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”