SPOTY 2016

Any markets not covered in the other boards
vankancisco

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I know it's a bit early in the year but got involved with Jamie Vardy when the general consensus that Leicester would drop away first began to become ruptured. My view is that should Leicester win the Premiership, it would pretty much overwhelm any other achievement, and Vardy will be Leicester's representative at the award. He also has a personal story to tell, Roy of the Rovers stuff which should help matters. Obviously Willett and Joshua have gained a foothold in the market over the weekend, although I'd be extremely sceptical about Joshua winning it.
Euler

I've nabbed what value I can from Alistair Brownlee, but I'd imagine the BBC showing those images from the weekend will put him right up with a chance.
LeTiss

3 months is a long time to go though, by then the memory will have faded somewhat. With all this years achievements of others - he'd be a surprising winner

I hate the BBC with all their Liberal PC bollocks - 4 years ago Laura Trott was the rising superstar, winning 2 golds in London, only the 3rd GB woman to ever do that.....1 of the other two (Kelly Holmes) was made a Dame..........Laura Trott on the other hand didn't even get f**king shortlisted in the final 10 of SPOTY

The reason being, the BBC hate everything about her. She is everything the f**king tree huggers hate - She's white, straight, able bodied, very English from the Home Counties, and hasn't come from a broken home

She now has more golds than any other GB woman, but might not even get nominated again.......unless she leaves Jason Kenny and starts a Lesbian affair with a one-legged Asylum Seeker. The BBC would then love her so much, they'd probably rig the result so she wins
Crazyskier

LeTiss 4pm wrote:3 months is a long time to go though, by then the memory will have faded somewhat. With all this years achievements of others - he'd be a surprising winner

I hate the BBC with all their Liberal PC bollocks - 4 years ago Laura Trott was the rising superstar, winning 2 golds in London, only the 3rd GB woman to ever do that.....1 of the other two (Kelly Holmes) was made a Dame..........Laura Trott on the other hand didn't even get f**king shortlisted in the final 10 of SPOTY

The reason being, the BBC hate everything about her. She is everything the f**king tree huggers hate - She's white, straight, able bodied, very English from the Home Counties, and hasn't come from a broken home

She now has more golds than any other GB woman, but might not even get nominated again.......unless she leaves Jason Kenny and starts a Lesbian affair with a one-legged Asylum Seeker. The BBC would then love her so much, they'd probably rig the result so she wins
OMG LeTiss - you have just typed precisely my thoughts! It's utterly worng that they use licence-payers money to promote their minority agenda and I'm sickened to see such rubbish presenters as Clair Balding hired just because she's a lesbian! There are countless examples of this and I cringed when at last year's SPOTY Lineker, asked Tyson Fury live on TV if he wanted to apologise for publicly suggesting that homosexuality was SINFUL!

You couldn't make it up! The BBC make my blood boil. God help us and Laura Trott's nomination this year...
Abraquay

Sports personality contenders just announced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38128822
Dallas

Some good cases to be made for a few of them
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
LeTiss 4pm wrote:
I hate the BBC with all their Liberal PC bollocks

Clair Balding hired just because she's a lesbian!

Wow. so the answer is intollerant right wing bollocks ? What's happened to reasonable, dignified, courtious behaviour in this country? They're my British values.

And why get so excited? It's only a little prize for people doing games. Sports people are no more special that anyone in any other profession but they get treated like gods.

Who gets SPOTY seems like a bit of a first world problem not worth getting het up about.
MemphisFlash

i think the winner will be andy murray again as he is now World Number 1.
Team of the year will be Leicester city.
Mananger of the year will be Claudio Raineri
sionascaig

The guardian is running a poll which may give an indication of outcome....

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/ ... -win-award
Euler

In recent years it's always been the case that the public vote for somebody other than who really should have won. McIllroy should have won a couple of years ago but somehow it was Lewis Hamilton instead.
Euler

When AP won, it was mainly thanks to a concerted campaign by the supporters of racing. TBH I think the voting system is flawed.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:In recent years it's always been the case that the public vote for somebody other than who really should have won. McIllroy should have won a couple of years ago but somehow it was Lewis Hamilton instead.
That's because the public have never warmed to Rory.

Murray has already won it twice, and this year has been his greatest ever

I'd be staggered if he doesn't breeze it
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:When AP won, it was mainly thanks to a concerted campaign by the supporters of racing. TBH I think the voting system is flawed.
I think the public still try and find a sports personality to vote for, not necessarily the highest acheiving sportsperson of the year.

It was Juvenal who said ...
"Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man, the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a time handed out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things: bread and circuses"

Nothing much has changed.
Abraquay

After Brexit and Trump i for one won't be voting for Murray
Euler

Murray 1.14 ahead of Sunday night

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”