Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
LeTiss

Vettel had a massive drift this morning, but nobody could have predicted the lap 1 carnage

Amazing trade on Hamilton if you took the 23.00 being offered pre-race
Naffman

The drift was probably due to Ferrari struggling in the rain during Quali at Monza when RBull looked far better in the wet conditions.

Feel bad for Max, was in such a great position and now another DNF just such rotten luck.
ShaunWhite

Season to start in Austria on July 5th.... Well that's the intention.

Summer break effectively cancelled and season extended.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... kEt9e.html
Trader Pat

I think Formula 1 has the answers to the Covid 19 crisis.

Put a miniaturised version of an F1 front wing on everybody and they won't be able to get within 6 feet of another person without walking into a wall, social distancing sorted SIMPLES
Derek27

Murrey Walker has passed away aged 97. Not a brilliant commentator in descriptive terms (for a former horse racing fan) but he was the Peter O'Sullevan of F1 with his distinctive commentary - F1 never felt the same for me after his retirement. :(
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm
Murrey Walker has passed away aged 97. Not a brilliant commentator in descriptive terms (for a former horse racing fan) but he was the Peter O'Sullevan of F1 with his distinctive commentary - F1 never felt the same for me after his retirement. :(
If I’m not very much mistaken ...

RIP.
greenmark

gazuty wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm
If I’m not very much mistaken ...

RIP.
His uneasy relationship with James Hunt was sheer brilliance. And I think you're right. Many have aped his style, but nobody has got close to his entertainment value. And I don't mean that in derogatory way. He had a knack of ramping up the excitement of motorsport. And I'll never forget the sombre commentary over what turned out to be Senna's death.
Crazyskier

RIP Murray Walker. The endless Sunday afternoons of yesteryear with his dulcet tones for the F1 commentary as my brother and I sat on the sofa, waiting for Worzel Gummidge and Aunt Sally and our Mum's trifle...

He and Peter Aliss that we sadly lost last year, were two of the best sports commentators I have ever had the privilege to experience. Knowledgeable, insightful, and enormously entertaining with their wit and repartee; in particular Murray bickering with James Hunt, God rest his soul.

RIP Murray. You were the last of an era of English gentleman, and sorely missed.

CS
Derek27

I loved the way when Senna took teammate Prost off the track on the first bend to win the championship, Murray said "This is fantastic!". :lol:

Although there's nothing fantastic about two guys coming off the track at 150 mph, I think he meant "sensational", but his excitement got in front of his words. :)
MemphisFlash

Murray Walker, Peter Alliss, Peter O'sullivan, Sid Waddell, Richie Benaud,
Dan Maskell, David Coleman, Brian Moore, Whispering Ted Lowe, Eddie Waring, all great commentators from my youth.
gazuty

And now Sabine “I do that time in a van” Schmitz. 😢

RIP.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am

RIP.
This one is a shock. 51yo. Another reminder to work less and live more.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:35 pm
gazuty wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am

RIP.
This one is a shock. 51yo. Another reminder to work less and live more.
empathise completely with that sentiment!

on that note, it's sunny here (in sw scotland), wife has just got home, dogs are excited. time to take a slow walk with all ;)
Trader Pat

F1 looks like it could be mildly interesting this year

Cars looking much closer especially down the field and at the front Verstappen looks closer to Hamilton which is reflected in the outright prices. Hamilton started testing around 1.50 and is now out past 1.8 for the title.

Having said all that Mercedes might just have their engine turned down and come tomorrow could blow everyone away as usual!
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:38 pm
F1 looks like it could be mildly interesting this year

Cars looking much closer especially down the field and at the front Verstappen looks closer to Hamilton which is reflected in the outright prices. Hamilton started testing around 1.50 and is now out past 1.8 for the title.

Having said all that Mercedes might just have their engine turned down and come tomorrow could blow everyone away as usual!
If you ignored the top of the field it was a good season last year I thought, lots of interesting circuits, weekly not fortnightly. Tbh Lewis looks nailed on again, Merc simply won't let Bottas win, (or a reserve driver) because it would devalue Lewis's stock....even though he might leave after this season. Nobody has brought anything new mechanically to the table because of the 2022 changes so I think it'll be business as usual. If testing looks close that'll probably be the influence of Liberty who need to keep some sort of buzz going.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”