Today's Cycling

Any markets not covered in the other boards
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:37 am
hard to believe cycling 200mls would be the best sport for all these alleged asthmatics.
And football :?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... d-Cup.html
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
If you need medicine of any kind, you can't ride.
Doper or not, you try tiding at 6.5watts/kilo Shaun.

You'll be asthmatic after 2mins, if you even last 2mins :D
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:10 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
If you need medicine of any kind, you can't ride.
Doper or not, you try tiding at 6.5watts/kilo Shaun.
LOL I wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. I'm a believer in the idea that you're born with a finite number of heartbeats. There's no way to tell how many you get so I'm using mine sparingly.
ShaunWhite

Seriously though Si, don't you worry about the amount of diesel fumes you're sucking down?
Korattt

Froome is back in the room, or at least the saddle.. he's been cleared, & as a result?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:07 am
Froome is back in the room, or at least the saddle.. he's been cleared, & as a result?
That's remarkable, while I was always confident he was clean and would be found innocent when the investigation concluded I do find it strange how this has dragged on for 10mths then he is cleared next working day after TDF organizers ban him from the race!
Halliday

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 am
Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:07 am
That's remarkable, while I was always confident he was clean and would be found innocent when the investigation concluded I do find it strange how this has dragged on for 10mths then he is cleared next working day after TDF organizers ban him from the race!
i agree ..not a great fan of Dave Brailsford and his attitude to journalists who legitamatey question some of Team Skys procedures .given their ethical stance... But always believed Froome was clean,unfortunately he's around at a time when previous doping scandals are still fresh in the mind.and despite the UCI dropping the case Im sure the rumours will persist.
Anyway lets look forward to the TDF start on saturday,should be brilliant as always.and theyre on the pavee again this year.

Incidently in terms of viewers it ranks only second to the World Cup with around 2.6 billion viewers watching ( tho ASO claimed over 3 billion last year).but its certainly the most watched annual sporting event
ShaunWhite

Halliday wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 pm
Incidently in terms of viewers it ranks only second to the World Cup with around 2.6 billion viewers watching ( tho ASO claimed over 3 billion last year).but its certainly the most watched annual sporting event
1 in 3 people on the whole planet incl children, really !?

Or is it like radio listening figures, one person listens 7 days a week and it counts as 7.

I'm not saying it's not huge, but if it's on tv for 23 days is that 'just' the same 110-120m each time ?
Halliday

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:56 pm
Halliday wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 pm
1 in 3 people on the whole planet incl children, really !?

Or is it like radio listening figures, one person listens 7 days a week and it counts as 7.

I'm not saying it's not huge, but if it's on tv for 23 days is that 'just' the same 110-120m each time ?
I’m guessing it’s a tad over egged by the organisers, and you know what they say about statistics, but there’s no doubt in terms of viewers it’s the most watched annual sporting event , and certainly by actual spectators .. The Grand depart of the TDF in Yorkshire attracted over two millilion spectators along the roadsides for the first two days

Link here about how the 2013 figures were calculated

.. https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/ques ... every-year
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:39 am
Seriously though Si, don't you worry about the amount of diesel fumes you're sucking down?
Fumes? In the New Forest?? :)

But in general, I'm more of an "eCyclist" (Zwift). Asbestos & metallic dust are my major worries ;)
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 am
It's not in the UCI's interest for Froome to get busted. He's just such a vital ambassador to the sport. It'd cause an almighty backlash, & key sponsors won't want to be associated with "cheats". & if pro-cycling loses those vital sponsorships, there won't be any pro-races!
Dallas

Froome & Thomas skipping La Vuelta and doing the Tour of Britain instead
First time since 2009 for Froome

Although with this years route it could have been called Tour de West Coast!
Dallas

How good would it be for British cycling if Yates can win this year's La Vuelta

3 different British rides each holding the three grand tour titles!
Dallas

Really pleased to see Valverde finally win the Road race Championship

I think it would have been very painful for him if had he lost it in such a close finish
Abraquay

Yep and the world championships are coming to yorkshire next year.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”