SPOTY 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Kafkaesque

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm
I know there’s a lot of PC idiots on here! So I know what’s coming!

I swear if Tyson Fury doesn’t win SPOTY it would be a fix!

Let alone his achievements he’s the only one with Personality on the list!

Haters keep it to yourself!
You call people idiots, and then asks others to keep it to themselves! Classy.

I'm not going into the Fury thing, as nothing good is come of that, but as member of what you're likely to deem the PC brigade, you're refering, I don't fancy letting that stand, with the idiot remark and all.

I've seen very little PC-talk on here. Lots of talk taking issue with BNP (or worse) remarks, yes. Being somewhere to the left of BNP, even if very much so, isn't the same as being in favor of PC. Just because there's some correlations and you happen to dislike both, and that's enough to align the two concepts in your head, doesn't make the two the same.

I'm not in favor of PC by definition. Some parts, yes. Others, in fact most, no. I'm in favor of altruism and having an open mind, including culturally.

Oh, and in case you want to put your anger to use and organize a march to protest this fix, I'll include an address, where I'm sure they'll have some names of people willing to go with you. As a bonus, I hear a number of them will actually have a lot of Saturdays free between now and May, where they were expected to be busy elsewhere just a few months ago:

Chelsea Football Club
Fulham Road
London
SW6 1HS
Trader Pat

I have to say Tyson Fury has played a blinder.

He makes comments about women, roundly condemned rightly so. He then makes comments about Gay people, roundly comdemned rightly so. Then he throws in his struggles with mental illness, and the same people who were condeming him in the first place are now applauding him, Bravo Tyson!
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm
I’m really angry tonight! Hate injustices!
How much did you have on him to win? ;)

I remember the fury when Lampard's goal in WC 2010 was disallowed - that really was an injustice. Here, it's not a case of whether or not the ball crossed the line but whether the public agrees with you; a matter of opinion. And it's only a BBC vote in contest, not a major sporting event so I don't understand why you're so angry.
PDC

It was pretty obvious who was going to win when it was announced who would be closing the show, George Ezra and which song, Paradise. The clue is in the lyrics ;) :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOwihbu ... tu.be&t=61
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:50 pm
I have to say Tyson Fury has played a blinder.
He then makes comments about Gay people, roundly comdemned rightly so.
You're mis-quoting the situation as fact, when it's simply your opinion Pat.

Many God-fearing people happen to believe what the Bible / Koran and many other holy scriptures say about homosexuality. Tyson simply echoed those teachings.

In a free country, he's allowed to voice his opinion, however unpalatable to some it may be, just as you have the right to oppose his viewpoint. But he was by no means ''roundly condemned'' for his view on sodomites, other than by the vocal minority-agenda-pushing brigade.

I can assure you there are many who share his view of homosexuality being both unnatural and sinful, however they are simply content to live and let live as it is now legal in most Western cultures. Please don't be taken in by the vocal minorities that love to shut down even measured and respectful debates by name-calling (usually with a 'phobe' at the end).

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:16 pm
But he was by no means ''roundly condemned'' for his view on sodomites, other than by the vocal minority-agenda-pushing brigade.
WOW :o Think I'll just leave that alone, doesnt really deserve an answer.

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:16 pm
I can assure you there are many who share his view of homosexuality being both unnatural and sinful, however they are simply content to live and let live as it is now legal in most Western cultures.
CS
There are many many many things in the world that are a lot more 'sinful' than 2 people of the same sex shagging each other.
Derek27

Unless you can prove that a) god exists and b) that he has an authority over us (a lot of people don't even consider the second point) it's best to keep offensive god-driven views to within your own circle.

It's possible to not believe in god but still respect other people's religions, but it's hard to respect someone's religion when it comes with such discriminative beliefs attached.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Unless you can prove that a) god exists and b) that he has an authority over us (a lot of people don't even consider the second point) it's best to keep offensive god-driven views to within your own circle.

It's possible to not believe in god but still respect other people's religions, but it's hard to respect someone's religion when it comes with such discriminative beliefs attached.
Dave Allen said it best :)

https://youtu.be/GS3BZs5fx3Q
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Dave Allen said it best :)

https://youtu.be/GS3BZs5fx3Q
:lol:
Emmson

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Haters keep it to yourself!
You never do!
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:

Look, I don't wish to derail the thread, but Derek, are you aware that most of the Commonwealth nations still outlaw sodomy and for good reason? Faithful or faithless, you can't suggest that it's natural and to be condoned? We tolerate it as it's now legal here, but please don't try to tell others that we must somehow approve or even celebrate buggery.

CS
jimibt

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Look, I don't wish to derail the thread, but Derek, are you aware that most of the Commonwealth nations still outlaw sodomy and for good reason? Faithful or faithless, you can't suggest that it's natural and to be condoned? We tolerate it as it's now legal here, but please don't try to tell others that we must somehow approve or even celebrate buggery.

CS
you know it's weird. i honestly never think about what someone else may do in the privacy of their own surrounds, it's just a facet of who we are but is not our sole identity. some of the weird *hetro* acts that i got up to in my youth would no doubt be frowned upon by those on the higher moral ground. but hey ho i'd never preach about my own freedoms of expression on that one. CS - don't wish to derail this either but we all need to move toward a more tolerant and inclusive society, otherwise we will revert to cave clubbing and knuckle dragging... your use of outmoded terms is of course a completely legitimate way to express your own fears etc also and i'd never stop anyone from expressing themselves similarly.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

CS
I really could not care any less what people do in their own privacy (I think the thread is over anyway), I don't promote or celebrate it but neither would I discriminate against it. You could argue that alcohol is unnatural and banned in some parts of the world, but rather than blindly follow what other countries do we're several steps ahead of them.
spreadbetting

Lol, I never realised people held such outdated views, the older you get the less you care what consenting adults get up to.

Here's the wiki entry, let's hope crazyskier has his cross and holy water handy as it seems 51% are celebrating and engaging in buggery :o
Because most research on anal intercourse addresses men who have sex with men, little data exists on the prevalence of anal intercourse among heterosexual couples.[6][51] In Kimberly R. McBride's 2010 clinical review on heterosexual anal intercourse and other forms of anal sexual activity, it is suggested that changing norms may affect the frequency of heterosexual anal sex. McBride and her colleagues investigated the prevalence of non-intercourse anal sex behaviors among a sample of men (n=1,299) and women (n=1,919) compared to anal intercourse experience and found that 51% of men and 43% of women had participated in at least one act of oral–anal sex, manual–anal sex, or anal sex toy use.[6] The report states the majority of men (n=631) and women (n=856) who reported heterosexual anal intercourse in the past 12 months were in exclusive, monogamous relationships: 69% and 73%, respectively.[6]
annuity

Crazyskier wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

CS
Man made religion is far more harmfull to society than pretty much anything i can think of, especially people engaging in anal sex in the privacy of their own homes. The world would be an infinitely better place without apparently intelligent people following the ridiculous nonsense man made religion teaches but alas i don't believe we'll ever be rid of it's dark cloud over humanity.

Not to mention outlawing anything never stopped people doing it.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”