Betfair Premium charge portal

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Euler

I noticed that Betfair have made the portal also available from within the account statement section now, eventually!

https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/premium-charges
Kai

Wow. It's weird how they didn't do this sooner, like way sooner. This one looks a bit more user friendly and the math behind PC is explained in more detail, maybe now I can finally understand it!
poklius

me confused as always... My accounts is in Euros, original page showed all amounts in GBP, new one in EUR, numbers are same, just different currency. I guess in BF world 1EUR = 1GBP :lol:
rinconpaul

Thanks for pointing this out. What the sneaky so&so's have done is take the balance from the 1000 pound allowance, and just changed the currency symbol without a currency conversion! So if your remaining allowance was say 120pound it's now become AUD$120 HALF of what you're entitled. I've fired an email off already asking for immediate rectification.
Euler

You couldn't make it up really.

Old portal doesn't update, new portal link vanishes from site. Money gets taken from accounts at 12:22, nobody knows how the deduction was done. Then to top it off Betfair take the money from an old account I no longer use. It now has a negative balance!
Kai

Unbelievable, that has to be a mistake. I thought it was strange how the old portal link didn't update at all for the previous week and its wednesday already, but I didn't even notice that the new portal link is gone as well.

Whatever it is they're doing trying to do is clearly not working out. I know it's probably wishful thinking but could there actually be a tiny chance that this is the end of PC? :mrgreen:
Euler

Still not resolved, more cock ups this evening. Guess we will have to wait till tomorrow to see if it gets resolved.
Euler

Still not resolved
rinconpaul

After you guys tipped me off about this, I immediately emailed Betfair AUS with screenshots (a week ago now) and got a phone call back. The caller was quite emphatic that he couldn't see it on his screen, or even his own personal account. Tried to brush me with something about old cookies or suchlike. I pressed ahead and he got quite snooty and said, "Well it must be an error, just ignore it then!"

"Mate", I said, "If this was a big grocery chain publishing this sort of misinformation, they'd be hauled in front of a Senate estimates committee and heavily fined!"

He still brushed it off with a 'we can do what we like attitude!' Why doesn't that surprise me?
Euler

Spoke to the VIP team and they sent me a full statement fairly quickly. So it must be something broken at the back end. Have they changed something? Is a change coming?
Kai

Well my sources (Betfair Helpdesk) tell me that there is an issue with it and that they are investigating it. I hope this clarifies the matter!
Kai

Apparently it should be fixed today or tomorrow.
Euler

Last week's total is now displaying on the portal.
Kai

Betfair says that there's been a bug with the new PC portal link, so they took it down until they fix it. Apparently it's due to be back by the end of next week.

In the meantime, the old portal link seems to be working fine.
Kai

The new PC portal link is back, looks like it's here to stay.

Return to “Betfair exchange”