Betfair account closed due to unusual activity

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
AndyL

Hi Guys,

I justed received an email from betfair saying that my account is "closed due to unusual activity" couldn't use live chat because I couldn't get online so I phoned them only to be told that someone had been trying to log into my account unsucessfully and thats why they've closed the account. Instead of resetting my password they have insisted that a new account is opened and the account balance will be transferred, I'm currently waiting on an email from them to progress the new account. Is this normal procedure to open a new account for something like this?

Thanks
Andy
Euler

They would typically do this to protect your details and make sure whoever had them can use them again so a username change is an important part of that process.
dannycutts

I had this recently as well and looks like my premium charge was reset as well :D
BetScalper

How did someone else get your login details ?
kerberus

Hi XXXXXXXX

We're always looking for ways to improve, and now we need your help.

We'd like to ask you a few questions about your experience with Betfair and what you'd like to see from us in the future. Your responses to the survey will be completely anonymous.

i WONDER?
:idea:
spreadbetting

dannycutts wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 pm
I had this recently as well and looks like my premium charge was reset as well :D
I'll have to get my account hacked then :idea:

Return to “Betfair exchange”