Mark Davis

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Euler

One of the founding team at Betfair. Sounds like he had a lucky escape: -

http://www.markxdavies.com/?p=4531
LeTiss

Jesus

It's a week of reflection that's for sure, as I was also stunned by the death of Jana Novotna.

Glad he's OK, but makes you realise how vulnerable we all are
marksmeets302

After a certain age it's a really good idea to have a medical check up every now and then. I must say I'm very impressed with how the lady from 111 handled the situation.
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 pm
makes you realise how vulnerable we all are
I second that. MrsW's fairly routine op on Monday turned into a bloody nightmare and a 2nd op on Tuesday. Really thought I was going to lose her for a while there. Never been so scared and that's not an exaggeration. On the mend now we think. no need to send your best wishes cos I know that goes without saying cos you're all decent people and I didn't post this for sympathy. Some might think it was odd I was posting last night but it was just a distraction from a heavy day I needed escape from.

Take a moment to be thankful for what you have... You never can tell how long it will last. Go give whoever makes your dinner and washes your vest and pants a squeeze (unless it's your butler cos that would be just a bit weird)
Derek27

Hope your wife recovers well.

If only the BA servants could be configured to make dinner, so we can focus on trading. :)
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 pm
LeTiss wrote:
I second that. MrsW's fairly routine op on Monday turned into a bloody nightmare and a 2nd op on Tuesday. Really thought I was going to lose her for a while there. Never been so scared and that's not an exaggeration. On the mend now we think. no need to send your best wishes cos I know that goes without saying cos you're all decent people and I didn't post this for sympathy. Some might think it was odd I was posting last night but it was just a distraction from a heavy day I needed escape from.

Take a moment to be thankful for what you have... You never can tell how long it will last. Go give whoever makes your dinner and washes your vest and pants a squeeze (unless it's your butler cos that would be just a bit weird)
Glad to hear everything settled down Shaun, life is so previous people easily forget.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:16 pm
LeTiss wrote:

Glad to hear everything settled down Shaun, life is so previous people easily forget.
Last Tuesday the surgeon said "That's the most difficult proceedure I've ever had to do". Ffwd to today she's sat at home on the sofa with her feet up. The knowledge and dexterity these people have is truely extraordinary. Everyday miracles.

I don't know if anyone here gives blood but I hear that these days you get a text message telling you when and where it's been used. That's pretty cool. I wonder if they accept it 'pre-medicated' :)

Return to “Betfair exchange”