suggestions about betfair stolen my win from my ballance

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
Just_nobody

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm
northbound wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Just_nobody wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:00 pm
one of them after the match is finished about 3 hours, my winning suddendly disappeared from my P/L and i can't see it in my account statement.
If it’s football, Betfair has a policy to void bets after certain VAR decisions, even hours after.

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 118-6.html
I'd guess it's football as they've re-settled some matches days after they originally settled, guess it's a case of if someone shouts loud enough they'll take another look and re-settled with a FIX adjustment. Nothing you can really do about other than take it on the chin I suppose. Anyone know if the other exchanges do simialr with VAR issues?

yes its football , like i said i do everything based on prices even without watching any streaming, and even VAR its been annoying if they fix it when the match still play on, i still know what to do about that but i can't accept it if the adjustment make after the match finished. i mean how do i know is my bet is related with VAR or not when there is even not any streaming for that match? this is not fair at all and they should change betfair name become bet isn't fair :twisted:
northbound

You’re right, I despise Betfair’s VAR policy and believe in a true market all bets must stand regardless.

But we have to work around Betfair rules, so it’s advisable not to place any bets for a few minutes after a goal.
Derek27

Just_nobody wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:13 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:11 pm
northbound wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:45 pm

If it’s football, Betfair has a policy to void bets after certain VAR decisions, even hours after.

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 118-6.html
I'd guess it's football as they've re-settled some matches days after they originally settled, guess it's a case of if someone shouts loud enough they'll take another look and re-settled with a FIX adjustment. Nothing you can really do about other than take it on the chin I suppose. Anyone know if the other exchanges do simialr with VAR issues?

yes its football , like i said i do everything based on prices even without watching any streaming, and even VAR its been annoying if they fix it when the match still play on, i still know what to do about that but i can't accept it if the adjustment make after the match finished. i mean how do i know is my bet is related with VAR or not when there is even not any streaming for that match? this is not fair at all and they should change betfair name become bet isn't fair :twisted:
Whatever you think about the rules you have to accept that you're betting in accordance to those rules. The article that spreadbetting posted states "If customers placed bets on the basis that a goal was scored but it is subsequently cancelled because of a review, they were responsible for placing those bets and managing their position within the market in the knowledge that the event could be reviewed and reversed."

You really have to accept the situation if you trade football. As northbound says, if enough people complain perhaps they will review the situation.

Return to “Betfair exchange”