BETDAQ XSP

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
spreadbetting

andyfuller wrote: As for the T&C's on the new XSP I have to say I was not impressed by them though T&C's are never great reading so hopefully in practice it is better - I guess we have to give it a fair try.
I thought they pretty much echoed Betfairs own SP terms to be honest and I'm guessing their algorithm will be the same. Maybe they just want to distance their t&c's as far away from BSP to avoid any legalities of copying someone elses product. Each of their terms could easily be found within Betfairs too.

Only term I didn't like was the fact they're bringing palpability into the exchange model, seems to suggest they'll be major players in the market and not willing to take any risks with their cash.
26.10 If for any reason Betdaq returns XSP prices it deems to be palpably different to the expected odds for a given market, the company reserves the right to void all bets on that particular selection or market in relation to XSP bets.
Bear's The Name

Here's the first set of SP's from BQ compared to BF:

Marshgate Lane BQ: 3.53/ BF: 3.61
Stetchworth 4.72/4.8
Street Artist 5.35/5.5
Gaelic Silver 7.14/6.52
Spiritual Star 9.03/9.84
Robert The Painter 20.1/20.2
Woofie 62.4/53.8

More variation than I expected...thought?
spreadbetting

99.86% book, wonder if they've engineered to be as close to 100% as possible, guess we'll see throughout the day.

I'd guess the amounts matched are very low at the moment so should be pretty close to the final market prices.
Euler

I imagine not many people are using it at the moment.
Bear's The Name

The later races were a lot closer.

Spoke to BQ earlier and they confirmed that although the 2% thing has gone, they are continuing on with the 50% discount for Bet Angel users. So that's something. Will leave me around the 2% mark, I think I can live with that.

You can't seem to select the SP condition manually for bets placed via the API - I guess a condition would be useful - perhaps in the same way that the KEEP option is selected at present (via the settings menu).

I'm sure Peter is on the case - did you know XSP was on the way or was it as big a surprise as it was to me?
st3v3y

As far as I'm aware the 50% discount is due to finish at the end of May. Have they said they will be extending it beyond this point?
spreadbetting

I just got an email saying it's being extended to cover 2016

Dear *******,
We are delighted to announce that we are extending our 50% Commission Refund Bonus promotion for all bets placed with a BETDAQ Trading Tool until the end of 2016!
While our competitors take from you each Wednesday we give back 50% of the commission you paid from the previous week! (Up to £150 per week)
As well as this, with BETDAQ you don't have to pay premium charges like elsewhere. To opt in to this promotion simply enter the promo code: TTBONUS in the 'My Account' section of the site.
If you have already opted in, there is no need for you to opt in to this promotion again, all you need to do is continue to bet using a Trading Tool and your refund will be applied every Wednesday.
So get betting with BETDAQ Trading Tools where you get a 50% Commission Refund and never have to pay premium charges!
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Bear's The Name

Yes, me too! Fantastic news. I'm definitely sticking with Betdaq as long as they keep this up.
LinusP

Thread bump rather than start a new one:

Does anyone know if Betdaq publish historic XSP prices and/or have a sample? If not I will start collecting next week / might email them, very interested to see how it compares to Betfair.
Dallas

LinusP wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:14 am

Does anyone know if Betdaq publish historic XSP prices and/or have a sample? If not I will start collecting next week / might email them, very interested to see how it compares to Betfair.
I've downloaded a few from here in the past but yet not checked for accuracy, if you are able to scrape the whole lot I wouldn't mind a dump of it if possible?
https://www.betdaqtips.com/xsp-returns-november-2018/
LinusP

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:03 pm
LinusP wrote:

I've downloaded a few from here in the past but yet not checked for accuracy, if you are able to scrape the whole lot I wouldn't mind a dump of it if possible?
Perfect! Scraping should be easy but cleaning that up and linking to betfair id’s Is going to be fun, I will let you know how I get on.
Euler

I've done some work in this area so I'll post up. Can't do immediately, but bump the thread and I'll post them up when I can.
Dallas

LinusP wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
LinusP wrote:

Perfect! Scraping should be easy but cleaning that up and linking to betfair id’s Is going to be fun, I will let you know how I get on.
Good stuff, I'd be more than happy with just grabbing a copy of them all in one worksheet if that's possible to work with myself at a later time :)
LinusP

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:17 pm
LinusP wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Good stuff, I'd be more than happy with just grabbing a copy of them all in one worksheet if that's possible to work with myself at a later time :)
Ended up being a bit tricker than expected due to Betdaq uploading about 50 different versions of the same spreadsheet but this is what I have managed to get:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnnwfu172ye1w ... p.csv?dl=0

(note that a few SP's are 0)
Dallas

LinusP wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:17 pm
LinusP wrote:

Ended up being a bit tricker than expected due to Betdaq uploading about 50 different versions of the same spreadsheet but this is what I have managed to get:

(note that a few SP's are 0)
Thanks for that Liam, that's saved me a ton of time

Return to “Betdaq exchange”