No recent views on Betdaq?

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
stueytrader

This seems to have gone very quiet about the 'other place', I don't really use them yet, but wondered why there's nothing recent on them on here?

Stu.
megarain

Markets are dying ..

Matchbook is No 2, IMHO.

If I could buy shares in them, I would.
Euler

Racing liquidity on Betdaq is good now, other stuff less so.
knome

Thus far I've never used Betfair and only trade on Betdaq.

The horses are fine and dandy on Betdaq. I don't mind the low liquidity soccer as the in-house dooberies keep things ticking over. But this week there have been some horrible glitches where some soccer matches have become unavailable in-play leaving me high and dry. I think they may be having some technical problems but the lack of service announcements is a tad annoying.
andyfuller

megarain wrote:Markets are dying ..

Matchbook is No 2, IMHO.

If I could buy shares in them, I would.
I wouldn't say the horse racing markets are dying at all. As for other markets I couldn't comment.

I can't say I have ever looked at Matchbook - perhaps I should.
stueytrader

Thanks for the views/updates.

I'm toying with using them, but not really followed it over there recently, so good to hear some views on the place.

Cheers,
Stu.
Bluesky

For the tiny proportion of BF horse race traders that have to pay the PC charge I am really surprised if they haven't at least looked at Betdaq. If they could make similar returns on Betdaq compared to BF but not have to pay the BF tax they would be crazy not to look at it wouldn't they. It would be great if BF could have some serious competition for a change, monopolies are not good for customers. Only good for the monopoly holder.
Euler

My activity on Betdaq this year is up significantly against prior years and the racing markets continue to be strong. I think it's a favourable platform to trade for racing. Of course, I tend to do both but often, thanks to charges, Betdaq produces more favourable results for me.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”