Betdaq volume monitoring thread

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
andyfuller

They are meaningless figures tbh - 1000-1 horse has £100 on it on BD and it shows as £100,000.

You need to do the true comparison which is quite easily done - just copy all the matched amounts and prices on Betfair for each runner at the off - convert to BD style of reporting and you have a direct comparison.
booboo

Hi Andy,

Yep, completely meaningless...as such (as in "displayed" in a format where only a conversion can give a "comparison").

I know neither exchanged actually "traded" the amount they choose to publish.
However (with an obvious "leap forward") that could then get us into the dreaded and much misunderstood "liquidity" topic.
And that, to a large extent, is "irrelevant" in these types of markets.

Suffice to say, "amounts" were traded on both exchanges.
And those amounts (on either exchange) were "sufficient" to generate trade (or rather a volatility/fluctuation be they temporary or permanent) that would suggest exploiting a price difference on an (either) exchange, is viable.

On the issue of "mirroring" of each exchange/per "market".
That is impressive. I was mostly impressed with that. Suggesting the "volume reported", although essential, is rather a "nominal figure".
However, I must add, "nominal figures" are very useful, however they are arrived at.

The "take home" message is (I suppose) 1. that both Exchanges "trade" very well. They both attract monies.

2. The "information" coming from either, isn't "perfect".

3. From an "individuals" point of view (particularly dealing with these "markets" on these Exchanges), therein is the/an advantage.
booboo

A "quickie" following on from my above post....
...."What is actually considered a traded amount" ?

(As in, how would you measure it)

It's easy at 2.0.
£100 back, gives you a profit of £100 or a loss of £100
The matching Layer, sees the same Risk/Reward
So the "traded volume" could be said to be "£100". The amount each/opposite may win or lose. Or not !

A matched £100 @ 1.01 on BD would show "£101"
A matched £100 @ 1.01 on BF would show "£200"

Both are "correct".
Euler

You can display both on BetDaq Angel so it's easy to do a direct comparison. I'm sure I've posted some comparisons on this thread in the past. Betdaq has been growing well on racing in the last couple of years.
booboo

As a "rough" calc for comparison between the two exchanges, would I be right in saying it is....

BF volume at a price,
Divide volume by 2,
Minus 1 from the price,
Multiply by "new" price,

Here I have recorded BF volume in a "X seconds" window.
729 @2.4
6978 @2.42
9255 @2.44
712 @2.48

The corresponding comparison for BD would therefore be
510.30 @2.4
4954.38 @2.42
666.36 @2.44
526.88 @2.48

The "like for like" comparison volume, for that period would be...

BF 17,674
BD 6,657.92

Return to “Betdaq exchange”