Trading in public place. Is it safe?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
serik

Hello to everyone.
I have temporal issues with my office now. And that's why I have a question.

Is it safe for my account to trade with BA from public place?
I'm only can be confident in speed and constantness there (also I have smart in my pocket for backup).
But what about safeness?
Can someone hack my account when I'll trading in public place?
Dallas

I would ensure you have taken every possible step re security before doing so, there been numerous cases where people have logged into Betfair via wifi from hotel lobbies especially overseas in not so security conscious countries and found there BF account has been hacked and empited shortly after
ANGELS15

My own 'pc' is an aspire switch 10" tablet with a keyboard hinge. It has built in internet via a sim (EE) so it doesn't have to rely on wifi. so theoretically I could take it out and about with me. Personally I prefer to trade from home although if I were to take it out with me I would go to somewhere like a library or from a car.

This type of tablet/pc can probabably be picked up for around £200 or less so could suit your needs with built in internet you should be as secure as using your mobile phone etc.
SeaHorseRacing

serik wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:56 am
Hello to everyone.
I have temporal issues with my office now. And that's why I have a question.

Is it safe for my account to trade with BA from public place?
I'm only can be confident in speed and constantness there (also I have smart in my pocket for backup).
But what about safeness?
Can someone hack my account when I'll trading in public place?
Not only to agree with comments already given.

My question is... Is a public place really going to enhance your trading?

My home office is like my safe haven and personally i dont trade anywhere else. Ive been trading two years now and think if I was to trade elsewhere i wouldnt be on my A game.

Im sure Euler and Dallas are different as they have been trading donkey's years.

Maybe use your current time to develop and research...
northbound

I lived in a hotel in Bulgaria for a month some time ago, traded on Betfair everyday, never got hacked.

My advice, when connecting to the internet from a wifi connection that’s not your house’s, is to ALWAYS use a VPN. Like I did in Bulgaria.

Personally, I use this one:
www.robavaria.com/vpn
serik

Thanx for all answers.
Sure, I also fill confident in my own trading when nothing disturbing me.
And in my sircumstances I found only one place now, where I can to trade.
This is public coworking center, but very quiet, and there are not so many visitors there.
Also it located farther away from me and I find this quite useful for clear my head before/after going to work.

Ok, I understood about secure. And have only one question.
If will I made two-step authentication, is it be enough for my security?
Or better just use additional line of mobile internet without any 2-step auth?
whimsies

When I am in public place like at the track I use team viewer and connect to my pc remotely this removes the ability of my password been hacked TeamViewer is a free application

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”