Betfair vs Betdaq?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
bennyboy351

Hi fellow Forum, users,
Having tried to run before I could walk and therefore having 'lent' more money to the Betfair markets than I would like to admit, I'd like to ask this question of my fellow traders (I DO 'gamble' on occassion, but prefer to think of myself as a trader): WHY don't more people use Betdaq than it would appear at present do?

Surely, with their lower charges etc, they present a better deal to sports traders? Okay, I realise that Betdaq has a lower traded volume, but isn't that due to people sticking with the 'big-cheese' (Betfair) rather than wishing to try another platform?

Any replies will be gratefull received. :-)
ANGELS15

I've had a betdaq account as long as my betfair, one basically since around 2000. I must say in all that time I've always found the experience of using the betfair exchange a far smoother and easier experience. The main problem for me has been liquidity in certain markets particulary dog racing. Horse racing liquidity has improved a little over the years however in-running liquidity remains poor. I tend to do a lot of in-running trading 'back to lay', 'lay to back', dobbling etc. Recently I've been using Betdaq for certain trades. Typical example of what happens. Let's say I've backed something at 20 with the intention of laying it at 10. With Betfair at the off the odds of 20 may drop slightly to say 18 or 19 or even drift out a little say to 22 depending on how good a start the horse got. With betdaq at the off the odds 'collapse' and practically everything drops dramatically and I might see my money waiting at 10 for a few seconds before a few pounds will be put in front of it at say 12 or 13. However the horse may not be running well enough to warrant that price and if I head over to Betfair I'll see it trading at say 15/16. Essentially it's a bit harder to get prices matched in running than on Betfair. Also even the odd straight bet or lay that I may do I often have to back or lay a couple of ticks away from the show odds as if I just leave the money there there's a real chance it won't be matched before the off and sometimes we're talking of stakes of around £5!

Even the mobile app leaves something to be desired. With Betfair mobile app in 'my bets' it will show 'backed horse 'name' £20 @ 4.12. Often onBetdaq all it shows in my bets is £20 @ 4.12, no sign of the name which is not helpful when I've backed more than one selection.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”