VPS

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
brujo

Hi

I have the basic VPS . A couple of questions the more expensive versions , in lay mans terms , what are the benefits of having them please ?

Also just to confirm the VPS version of bet angel comes with the VPS package and i do not need to buy another version of Proffesional if i use the VPS exclusively ?

Many Thanks
Dallas

The Basic VPS is a single core server, the Starter is dual core with double the RAM. 'Recommended' is 3 core and Expert is 4 core.

If you plan to use Excel, then use 'Recommended' or higher.

If you plan to manually trade, staying connected to the VPS at all times, then go for 'Starter' or above, that gives the VPS some extra power to render the user interface.

You still need a Bet Angel Professional Licence but if you already have BA installed on your desktop or other VPS you wont need another.
brujo

Thanks the starter is fine for me then

My Professional subscription i believe has expired .

Do i need to renew that in order to use the VPS version that came installed on the VPS ?

At a later stage if i wanted a back up server , would i simply buy a second starter VPS with you then ?

Thanks
Dallas

A software subscription and VPS subscription are two separate things (software subscriptions are linked to your Betfair username) so yes if yours has expired you will need another to log onto Bet Angel from your VPS.

Yes you can purchase additional servers if you require them at any point in future

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”