How long before a race start should one trade

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Angelbaby

So I am a newbie.

I traded my first day yesterday some mistakes some reasonable trades.

I found that around 10 minutes before a race is off there is little action(assume this will be different at big meetings rather than a Wednesday in November).

However 5 minutes before seems to be the optimal time to start trading, would seasoned traders agree or was my one trading just a slow day?

Thanks in advance
Dallas

I dont think thats far off the mark, big meetings aside the final 5 mins is were most traders tend to get involved.

One thing often over looked is the importance of the previous race, activity will soar when that finishes as all the genuine money enters the market, personally i never get involved properly until after this has happened.
Angelbaby

Thanks

When you say previous race are you referring to the last race in uk and irish racing or are including RSA and Fra etc?

Thanks again
Dallas

Angelbaby wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm
Thanks

When you say previous race are you referring to the last race in uk and irish racing or are including RSA and Fra etc?

Thanks again
last UK/Ire race
ShaunWhite

Also, if you're new it's probably best to wait until about £1/4m min has been traded on a market. Less than that and I don't feel any real pattern has developed and you could be in for some nasty suprises when the volume picks up....markets often get pulled well out of shape when there's not much money around.
Angelbaby

Thanks both for your answers.

With that said would it suggest that scalping would be best done up until the last race finishes or up until 5 mins before. As the major moves come near the end and will knock our trade one way or the other.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”