Just Another Day at the Office

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
oliver123

Here we go guys . . .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Why did you post this? And why in the beginners section?
BetScalper

If this has anything to do with the video you sent me a couple of years ago then I would ask that your account be closed.

Newcomers do not need to be backing large sums of money in the final furlongs to be making a few pounds.

One mistake by a front runner and it goes badly and you end up down a river with no paddle.

I would suggest you post this rubbish somewhere else. Your helping nobody.

Anyone new to trading, betting or gambling should avoid this person, system, strategy like the plague.

It will end in you losing large sums of money and crying all the way to money sharks.
megarain

If this has anything to do with the video you sent me a couple of years ago then I would ask that your account be closed.

Newcomers do not need to be backing large sums of money in the final furlongs to be making a few pounds.

One mistake by a front runner and it goes badly and you end up down a river with no paddle.
+1

Its helping nobody. And might do some serious damage.

New users dont know the pitfalls. Many, and I am talking lots, of on-course traders have gone by the wayside in the last yr. This is a function of expenses, and tilt, but to think that someone from home, can consistantly win, by backing horses in the final furlong, is pure illusion.

I repeat my offer to you from before. I will cross lay your P/L , so u can make double.

Whats stopping you ?
BetScalper

My opinion is not worth much but this thread needs to be removed ASAP.
Derek27

It puzzles me why people who have a particularly good day aren't content with just going down the pub and buying their mates a drink or taking the other half out for a meal?
PeterLe

oliver123 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 pm
Here we go guys . . .
Its not on your screen shot; But Id be very interested in seeing how you got on with the 14:45 at the Curragh?
Not a trick question, I'm just keen to see if/how you traded this one
Thanks
regards
Peter
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:51 pm
It puzzles me why people who have a particularly good day aren't content with just going down the pub and buying their mates a drink or taking the other half out for a meal?
Mates? I doubt it.
Derek27

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm
oliver123 wrote:
Here we go guys . . .
Its not on your screen shot; But Id be very interested in seeing how you got on with the 14:45 at the Curragh?
Thanks
regards
Peter
Didn't see the race but I think it's unlikely Ian traded that one or he would surely have been on the 1.01 loser. The question is, for how much?
oliver123

Firstly, I don't drink and trade! Everbody who knows me will tell you I am the quietest, simple chap you will ever meet. But when it comes to Betfair it's a matter of winning! The only reason I have posted the last two threads is to motivate all newcomers to Betfair, nothing more, nothing less. If you are pissed off with winners then I think you should shut up shop and go elsewhere!
iambic_pentameter

megarain wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:56 pm

+1

Its helping nobody. And might do some serious damage.

New users dont know the pitfalls. Many, and I am talking lots, of on-course traders have gone by the wayside in the last yr. This is a function of expenses, and tilt, but to think that someone from home, can consistantly win, by backing horses in the final furlong, is pure illusion.

I repeat my offer to you from before. I will cross lay your P/L , so u can make double.

Whats stopping you ?
Megarain,

Interesting to see your comments about the on course traders situation and the part about tilt. Based on your experiences (I think in your blog you mentioned you've traded from the track in the past) how many of the on course players actually have decent race reading skills as opposed to people thinking they can take advantage of the quicker pictures?

Iambic
foxwood

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 pm
oliver123 wrote:
Here we go guys . . .
Thanks
regards
Peter
Fascinating one - you can see the video of the finish from different angles at http://www.attheraces.com/results/yesterday
Korattt

oliver123 wrote:
Here we go guys . . .
fantastic results Ian, you're a genius, I wish I could trade like that, that's brilliant, just a couple of questions?

why so few posts on here?, & could you post your last three months P&L, would be cool to see a years quarters worth of results?

Great work.. kudos
Last edited by Korattt on Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
megarain

Megarain,

Interesting to see your comments about the on course traders situation and the part about tilt. Based on your experiences (I think in your blog you mentioned you've traded from the track in the past) how many of the on course players actually have decent race reading skills as opposed to people thinking they can take advantage of the quicker pictures?

Iambic
I was trading at Wolverhampton hotel, and via hand-helds, over 10 yrs ago, and did it for 3-5 yrs - so, yes, I have some experience.

I chose not to trade in-running horses now, as I thought the price of on-course boxes/travelling/PC made it less attractive.

The people still doing it .. are largely using dummy accounts, to avoid PC, have fantastic race reading skills/know jockeys inside out.

Its still a life, but, facetimers on-course, have meant many players now pay the £200 to sit at home, and play with a 0.5 disadvantage.

The opening poster, may or may not know this. Maybe he has the feeds.

Maybe hes a total troll.
Naffman

A lot of people stand in the middle of the track (if public land) or on the outside of it (Like you see with those people in tents at Southwell just past the back straight if privately owned)

So a lot of people are getting the pictures sent back to them for such a low cost it amazes me how racecourses can still charge £200 per meeting

If you're on your phone though and looking pretty busy in a paying section they'll most likely ask you to leave, so the stewarding is very active on what they can control

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”