WOM % in Practice mode. Trading Horses.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Dadders

Hi,

*Beware newbie questions*

When I place positions into a market in practice mode does the WOM change to reflect my fake money?

I noticed today when I entered a market with a large stake, trying to follow a trend created by the uneven WOM %, as soon as my position was matched the WOM % often reversed. Is this just poor reading of a market?

Also I'm a little confused, as I like to reverse the odds displayed on the ladders, when I reverse the odds so the right side of a ladder changes from pink to blue, I am now placing Back bets and affecting the WOM% on the left side?

Thanks in advance.
ShaunWhite

PM bets don't affect WoM. It would be chaos if they did. Just imagine the spoofing that would go on.
Dadders

I meant for my own PC not for the real markets, localised to my own PC.
I can see enough spoofing in the real markets.
BetScalper

Dadders wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 pm
I meant for my own PC not for the real markets, localised to my own PC.
I can see enough spoofing in the real markets.
Same answer that Shaun gave.

In practice mode your bets/money is not in the market. Which can lead you into a false sense of hope.
Derek27

If you're in practice mode you could just put in a £10k bet and see if there's a difference on the ladder.
LinusP

Sounds like PM bets do impact locally calculated WOM, Dallas?
Dallas

LinusP wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:53 pm
Yes that's correct
Automation/servants with a WOM condition will also trigger to it. So if you are testing a rule with a WOM condition and you start placing manual bets you can falsely trigger your rule
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:02 pm
LinusP wrote:
Yes that's correct
So if you are testing a rule with a WOM condition and you start placing manual bets you can falsely trigger your rule
I never knew that...Or you could trigger it deliberately too I guess, to test it.

sorry dadders if i misled you.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
LinusP wrote:
Yes that's correct
Automation/servants with a WOM condition will also trigger to it. So if you are testing a rule with a WOM condition and you start placing manual bets you can falsely trigger your rule
That wouldn't be falsely triggering the rule because on the real exchange your bets will affect WOM.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 pm
Dallas wrote:
LinusP wrote:
Yes that's correct
That wouldn't be falsely triggering the rule because on the real exchange your bets will affect WOM.
It would be falsely triggered if you were not aware that PM bets affect WOM locally - which is what was being asked
I think everyone knows their reals bets would affect WOM

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”