Adding Markets to Bet Angel and Data Request Limits.

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
fuzz28

Hi there,

I'm quite new to bet angel. My idea is to add all match odds soccer markets for the day to bet angel and use automation rules with them. Does anyone know if there are a maximum number of markets they can add or is it unlimited? Would I need to limit refresh intervals? Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of data request limits etc? I just don't want to cause any problems with Betfair.

Many thanks

Fuzz
ShaunWhite

There's no limit in BA that need be a concern.
Limiting the refresh always helps, but being all footy they mostly occur at the same time so it might not help much.
There's no limit on data requests but there is a transaction limit of 1000/hr above which I think you're charged 1p ea.
You won't have any issues with BF so long as you're not running in practice mode and don't place any actual bets (even a handful) for something like 3 or 4 days.
good luck.
fuzz28

Many thanks for the reply. My plan is to add around 200 daily football match odds markets, over 5.5 and 6.5 goals markets from all games and tennis match odds. Overall I think I would be adding around 600 markets a day. I was thinking of limiting my refresh so it doesn't update all those markets all the time.
ShaunWhite

fuzz28 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Many thanks for the reply. My plan is to add around 200 daily football match odds markets, over 5.5 and 6.5 goals markets from all games and tennis match odds. Overall I think I would be adding around 600 markets a day. I was thinking of limiting my refresh so it doesn't update all those markets all the time.
Guardian will 'look at' approx 50 markets a second at the top 20ms refresh rate.

If you aren't using any cross market stored values in your automaton you might want to fire up several sessions of BA and spilt the markets across them.
CallumPerry

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:07 pm
fuzz28 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Guardian will 'look at' approx 50 markets a second at the top 20ms refresh rate.

If you aren't using any cross market stored values in your automaton you might want to fire up several sessions of BA and spilt the markets across them.
Why is this Shaun? If I have 900 markets open simultaneously, are you saying that it's more efficient to have 3 instances of BA scrolling through 300 markets each than 1 version scrolling through all 900 at 20m/s? Therefore is 90 versions scrolling through 10 markets each better still?

Say I'm gathering info on many markets, does your computer calculate much quicker than 20m/s - to the best of your knowledge? If so, how can I check how quick my computer is refreshing excel to be as efficient as possible?
ShaunWhite

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 pm
Why is this Shaun? If I have 900 markets open simultaneously, are you saying that it's more efficient to have 3 instances of BA scrolling through 300 markets each than 1 version scrolling through all 900 at 20m/s? Therefore is 90 versions scrolling through 10 markets each better still?
Yep
Unless you're restricting the refresh, Guardain will look at each market every #Markets * Refresh(ms) seconds
CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 pm
Say I'm gathering info on many markets, does your computer calculate much quicker than 20m/s - to the best of your knowledge? If so, how can I check how quick my computer is refreshing excel to be as efficient as possible?
If you're only storing a handful of cells then that's probably a sub 1ms piece of code....far faster than the Guardian refresh rate.

I've just remebered this which you might find useful viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16747
CallumPerry

Ahhh that is very interesting! I think I will have to run some performance tests soon, you've given me something else to add to the list. Thanks!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”