A Peter Webb - Must see video

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
henbet22

Thank you for the replies. Sorry I should have made it clearer that I am not a complete newbie. Intermediate level on other sports.......
wearthefoxhat

henbet22 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi Guys,

Some advice needed please.

Would you recommend attending the masterclass before embarking on attempting pre-race trading?
To start off with good habits, correct approach etc

Or would you get more out of it if you had already traded pre-off for a year or so?

Many thanks.
IMHO, you will have needed to have at least tried to pre-trade with the BA software before attending the masterclass. Would recommend live trades too as it gives you a feel for a market. The course will help you find a niche that could/should work for you. It would be unusual if everyone that left the course would do all the same markets and exactly the same trades, although all should have a strong trading plan to take away.

The course covers a lot of ground on some key aspects, and a fair range of sports with liquidity. You get a big manual to refer to, and loads of handouts. I can imagine the next one will be better again as BA has "improved" since the last course was held.

Oh and PW is very approachable and willing to share ideas on trading too.
henbet22

Thank you. It sounds good.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 pm
Having already attended a PW masterclass, I reckon this video posted recently, goes a long way to help get someone started or help others re-focus their current trading practises. Worth watching a few times and will help establish a good trading discipline in the long run.

steps.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLaSp5a ... dex=2&t=0s
Finally found the time to watch that video. I'm by no means a novice trader but I have to admit to sometimes allowing my trading to get erratic, prematurely closing trades, making hasty decisions, etc. I like the way Peter stays so calm. :)
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:32 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:37 pm
Having already attended a PW masterclass, I reckon this video posted recently, goes a long way to help get someone started or help others re-focus their current trading practises. Worth watching a few times and will help establish a good trading discipline in the long run.

steps.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLaSp5a ... dex=2&t=0s
Finally found the time to watch that video. I'm by no means a novice trader but I have to admit to sometimes allowing my trading to get erratic, prematurely closing trades, making hasty decisions, etc. I like the way Peter stays so calm. :)
:)

Very calm..unless the mad bomber re-appeared and the market shifted away from the trade(s).

I was exiting trades too soon when swing trading, I find scalping with a 1 or 2 tick offset with greening, suits my style better.
Derek27

I find the bigger your stakes the harder it is to stay calm when the market goes against you, and that's why I sometimes do so much better with smaller stakes.

It may also explain why so many novice traders find things go tits-up when they increase stakes!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”