Cancelling a Back Bet in Running

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Snowflame

Sorry if this is the wrong area to place this topic.

I want to be able to place a Back bet before the start of a race and then place a lay bet in running at lower odds. However, if the Lay bet is not matched and the horse loses I lose the stake. Is there a way of cancelling the Back bet ( using Guardian ) late in the race if the Lay bet has not been matched? I realise that doing this on a timing basis may not work due to different race lengths but is there a condition could use?
Dallas

Do you mean cancel it after its been matched?
Snowflame

I didn't think this one through, did I? :|

OK, is there a condition that will allow me to adjust the Lay bet closer to where the current odds are in the hope of getting matched in order to reduce the amount of loss?
Dallas

Snowflame wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

OK, is there a condition that will allow me to adjust the Lay bet closer to where the current odds are in the hope of getting matched in order to reduce the amount of loss?
You could just use a green up rule (or reverse green) to exit at a predefined time during a race, this following example should help, it backs around the halfway stage of a race so uses different arm times depending on the race distance being run.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11627
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:37 pm
Snowflame wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

You could just use a green up rule (or reverse green) to exit at a predefined time during a race, this following example should help, it backs around the halfway stage of a race so uses different arm times depending on the race distance being run.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11627
i remember adding a rule to the forum a year or so ago that used a Signal, with a fixed name (PercentageComplete) which meant that you could have your *Action* rule as a single rule and just have the Signal value (which is defined across each race distance) evaluated generically.. will addit to this thread once i locate it again!!
jimibt

ok, found the rule. I'm sure you'll be able to tweak it to suit - and Dallas, might be worth adding the logic of this one to your Signals examples, I've found it pretty useful in the past..

this example uses two percentages (50% and 90%) as the range inside which bets can be placed, otherwise -no go.

enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:53 pm
ok, found the rule. I'm sure you'll be able to tweak it to suit - and Dallas, might be worth adding the logic of this one to your Signals examples, I've found it pretty useful in the past..

enjoy
Might be worth creating a quick thread for that in the general area shared files section
viewforum.php?f=43

Or if a thread already exists somewhere move it across to that section

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”