Automation

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
TheLoneBettor

Hi. I've just recently bought Bet Angel but can't sem to get Automation to work. I will admit I'm not the best with stuff like this. I will tell you just what I want to do.

On the horse racing markets I have noticed that when in-play, vast numbers of races end up with at least one horse getting matched at 1.50 then jumping back out over 1.75 and more. I have already manually layed all the horses in the race at 1.50, and kept in-play, but sometimes I miss the higher price and have to wait a few seconds for it to get matched, or sometimes not at all. I have made a small profit doing this but I have to agree that if I had an instant Automation when 1.50 gets matched, to back say at 1.60 (with greening if possible) I would have made a lot more.

Any suggestions will be kindly appreciated.

Regards

Shane
Dallas

On the parameters, tab under 'Global Settings' use the action 'Offset bet with greening'

If you ensure to tick the fill/kill box (enter something like 900 secs as you want the bet to remain in the market) but by using this option it will also only place the offset bet once the opening lay bet is filled.
TheLoneBettor

Thank you for the reply. The 1.50 is getting matched but its not putting back bets in. I'll just have to keep trying.

Regards

Shane
TheLoneBettor

Fill or Kill. I've just worked it out. While using Offset if you don't use Fill or Kill and you lay all at 1.50 with Global Settings switched on, it automatically puts back bets at the current price as the 1.50 is so far away from being matched. Thankfully I am in practice mode. You should have seen the big numbers in red. A costly mistake if I'd have been playing for real. Ouch. Fingers burnt lol. :cry:

Thank you for your help, Dallas. I just wish the Fill or Kill function had a permanent setting without a time limit so I could lay all bets in the morning and leave it be.

Regards

Shane
Dallas

You could just set the lay bets to trigger once the race has gone in-play or just before the off
TheLoneBettor

I've set the Fill or Kill button to 99,999 seconds. Just under 28 hours.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”