APING exception: TIMEOUT???

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesedwards

I've had the following errors in the last few of my races tonight. It was running on Guardian so I wasnt watching at the time. Any idea what went wrong?

01/12/2018 19:43:50: Market changed to Wolv 1st Dec - 19:45 1m Hcap
01/12/2018 19:44:45: [G_Auto] : APING Exception: TIMEOUT, ,
01/12/2018 19:54:19: Market has been suspended
Dallas

Those exceptions can also be thrown if Betfair didn't respond in a reasonable amount of time, has it only happened those few times this evening or has it occurred other times?
jamesedwards

Happened for the last 3 UK races last night. First time I've seen it.
Dallas

jameegray1 wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:10 am
Happened for the last 3 UK races last night. First time I've seen it.
Its quite a generic error which could have a few causes if there wasn't a response from betfair in a reasonable amount of time, it's usually due to a tempory drop in your internet connection, it's more common if using WiFi but can occasionally happen even if its a wired connection. If it was just a one-off or happened only for a period of time I'd put it down to that especially if using WiFi/4G

If it does persist you could try adjusting the settings of the Dynamic Connection Tuner in the Communications page of Bet Angel Settings, and increase the setting to make it less sensitive to a slow response to see if that help
mcgoo

I think this is the same error I got a few nights ago. First time I had seen it (after thousands of markets automated) as well. (The fact that it followed a profitable night of botting tweaked my conspiracy bone ;) :lol: )
I am watching for a re-occurrence.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”