How does the trailing stop loss work in practice?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jongup

I've been messing around with a trailing SL recently, on some of my trades it hit the SL and from what I can see, it then appears there is a huge liability should the price move back to being favourable. Does this happen because a lay bet is placed into the market once it hits the stop? Basically how does this work in practice? I've watched peters video on trailing stops and understand how it trails, but where does the bigger liability come from?
Dallas

A larger liability would come from triggering a stop when only using offset bet, if you use offset bet with greening then any loss will be smaller and spread equally.
If using the later on the Staking tab of your main settings, there is an option to specify where its calculated from, instead of calculating from the offset stake chose one of the other options especially if using a large number of offset ticks/percentage or stop loss

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”