set a lay price help

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
floppydisk64

Hi, sorry this has probably been covered but I couldn’t find a answer.
How do you ask for a price when laying, as if say I set it to lay at 10, if the horse is currently at 4 this will give me the best odds!, trying to find a way to put in a lay at a price which only would or should trigger if the horses price goes out.

thanks
Dallas

floppydisk64

thank you Dallas, will this file when adapted to lay instead of back work on the betdaq Betangle ?
floppydisk64

also a lot of feathers seems missing from the betdaq version, is there a way to program this on there as im guessing the file wont work ?
ShaunWhite

floppydisk64 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 pm
also a lot of feathers seems missing from the betdaq version, is there a way to program this on there as im guessing the file wont work ?
Feathers? I haven't seen that as an autocorrect before :)

Basically what you want to do is create a rule in Guardian that does a back bet or a lay bet (depending on what you need obv) and have that bet placed at the current best price (see the Parameters tab). THEN....go to the Conditions tab for that rule and instruct the system to only trigger the rule (ie to place that bet) when a particular 'Fixed Odds' condition is met. In your case, when the lay price is = 10.
floppydisk64

Hi, sorry spell checker let that through, many thanks will give this a go

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”