Risk Meter question

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Ambettor

Hi All -
With reference to the Risk meter, what does it imply when the IP % is less than the Volume % or visa versa on any particular runner?
How can we use this info to our advantage?
cheers
BetScalper

Ambettor wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:43 pm
Hi All -
With reference to the Risk meter, what does it imply when the IP % is less than the Volume % or visa versa on any particular runner?
How can we use this info to our advantage?
cheers
IF there was some kind of edge, I doubt anyone is going to broadcast it.
Euler

The risk meter measures relative volatility. So a ready of 50% means the favourite is acting exactly as expected. 90% would mean it's much more volatile, 10% much less.
BetScalper

Euler wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:39 pm
The risk meter measures relative volatility. So a ready of 50% means the favourite is acting exactly as expected. 90% would mean it's much more volatile, 10% much less.
Is the risk meter looking at the favourite only or the particular market ?
Euler

Both
BetScalper

Euler wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Both
Thanks. 😀
Ambettor

Hi - thanks for the feedback ALL - i should have specified that is was the 'Market Overview' section of the risk meter i was inquiring about. I was just wondering what the implication is between the IP% and the Volume% - . Peter stated in the Risk Meter vid that the relationship between these two values are very significant. I was trying to work out why...... cheers
Ambettor

Hi All - i should have specified that is was the 'Market Overview' section of the risk meter i was inquiring about, not the actual Risk meter. . I was just wondering what the implication is between the IP% and the Volume% - . Peter stated in one of the Risk Meter vids that the relationship between these two values are very significant. I was trying to work out why...... cheers
Euler

Just that it gives you a clear idea of where the money is going. As in, if the front two have the same price but one has more money then the market must like something about it.
Ambettor

Thanks Peter - appreciate your help.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”