Profit Reports Folder

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
gianni

Hi
Just open the editor by rightclicking on the editor-icon (run as admin).
Once the editor is running open the configfile inside the editor (file - open - choose the configfile).
Make your changes and than you should be able to save the file.
Hope this makes it clear and moreover I hope this is working for you.
best regards!
Gianni
firlandsfarm

gianni wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 am
Hi
Just open the editor by rightclicking on the editor-icon (run as admin).
Once the editor is running open the configfile inside the editor (file - open - choose the configfile).
OK, got it but I think the confusion between us is that I don't have an icon on my desktop that you were maybe expecting. I like an uncluttered desktop so only put often used shortcuts and current issues. :) I have been looking at it from a File Explorer view of the BA programme folder and of course there is no icon there either but now solved … I look up Notepad++ from the Start Menu list of Apps and right click on that. Job done, thanks for your patience. :)
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
I managed finally to get the thing going with all reports going to the different folders for each baf run. In the finish Firlandsfarm instructions
were spot on but my ability to follow them to the letter was not. I would further recommend to anybody doing this to first delete the
Betangel related folders in users/whateverusername/Appdata/roaming/Bet Angel... and also OS(C:)/Program Files(x86)/Bet Angel Limited...
& uninstall the Betangel version from settings. Hope you do not have the same problems with file/folder permissions which prevented me for
a long time from deleting and even getting started .Nonetheless i learned some new stuff!!!
Whats most important is the sequence of events. I was personally opening up a second copy of betangel from the desktop icon
and trying to adjust that to work..Not possible!!! You have to copy the first working folder,change the mainfolder name To Bet Angel Limited 1 as instructed above and crucially BEFORE YOU INITIATE the second bet angel run, have the required changes made to the config file as instructed above so that the new reports folder areas have a new folder pathway name when run. You run all new Bet angel programs from within the new folders by right-clicking the betangel.exe file and NOT from the BETANGEL ICON on the desktop . Otherwise afaik you get conflicts. For any further runs betangel just repeat the instructions.
Thanks to Firlandsfarm,Yanni & co for their help
grindhog
firlandsfarm

grindhog wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:55 pm
You run all new Bet angel programs from within the new folders by right-clicking the betangel.exe file and NOT from the BETANGEL ICON on the desktop
grindhog, glad you found it of assistance and glad you have got it working but you can set up Desktop icons for each installation … position your mouse over the .exe file in any of your installation folders and hold down right-click and drag the mouse to a clear part of your desktop (don't worry if the moved icon tells you it's moving the file, it's not!). When over a clear area of desktop release the right-click and select "Create shortcut here" and you will get a shortcut named "BetAngel.exe - Shortcut". Right-click on the new shortcut and rename it to something that will help you remember which install it refers to. Now when you want to run that install of BA just click the shortcut on the Desktop. :)

The other problem is that all BA windows will look the same so how do you identify which is which when opened? OK, now go to the BA icon on your Taskbar for the open instance and right-click it and it will tell you the name of the desktop shortcut for that instance.

Also, should you want to you can open more that one instance of BA per install you can by clicking again on a Desktop icon but beware that will create overwriting conflicts in the Reports Folder. :(

Here's a screen grab of the BA area of my Desktop for clarity …
Desktop.JPG
… these are my installations for trials I am conducting. You will notice I also have a folder on my Desktop for BA Settings and Rules, I have found this the easiest way to move Settings and Rules files from one install to another. I just export to or import from this folder and it's only a click away when performing those tasks. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr Ginhog

Hi Firlandsfarm,
Yes I had got that finally about different versions require different paths or shortcuts. I hope I’m not being too OTT & OCD when I suggest that to differentiate between versions I would give the folder holding the betangel .exe file the same name as the baf intended for that version eg PRO1-RED-F1-BKund2.1.
I would also
Change the “configname” line in config file to same baf name so that the reports folder in users also has folder with same name corresponding to that baf name.Finally I would change in settings/display the trading screen background color to Red for the above baf and Different colors/names for others. OTT but it works for me.!
let me just say that if as I suggested earlier anybody deletes the old folders before resetting they should copy /paste the bafs from the automation (users sub folder) elsewhere to preserve them.Oddly when I did that myself and pasted them back later they were not visible in the window listing but when I imported a single baf with “file import “ all the Pasted files then became visible.
Grindhog
Dr Ginhog

Hi,
I forgot also to mention(enough already?) that if you highlight the betangel shortcut icon and access its properties you can readily see, if you gave the folder the BAFNAME ,which baf its referring to.
grindhog
Dr Ginhog

Hi firlandsfarm,

Sorry did not read your post fully initially .Essentially I restated what you suggested but renaming the shortcut is the easiest way as you mentioned.

Regards
grindhog

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”