Lay bet unseen ona video

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
bastuncriochnatha

Hi,

I was looking at a very interesting video by Peter Webb on identifying a price direction in a market:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDfoQce1UYM

It shows very clearly why he thinks that it is likely that the price will go out and also price areas of interest which if breached might influence direction of movement.

However, at 2m27s into the video, a lay was placed by Peter taking his investment in the market from £0.00 to £512 and seemed to be instantly matched. This was when the price was at 2.62. This then showed the split from -ve to +ve value occuring at 2.72. I did not see the lay money being placed (the Preset back & lay was set at £128) and am wondering how and why this might have happened.

Is there a way of pre-setting entering a market at a value other than that seen in the Preset area and at a particular price?

Many thanks for any responses.

Bastun
Dallas

The video was paused for a while and recording restarted after the trades went in

You can see during the pause the 2nd fav's price changed, the traded volumes on the front two had increased including money matched at new price points and the large BF chart had now been shrunk
bastuncriochnatha

Back after a long period of meditation on the vagaries of life....and a belated thank you, Dallas, for your response.
I can see that there was an unindicated pause in the video but during that time the Lay money must have pushed the price up to 2.72 when Peter's Lay £512 opened his position.
It would have been useful to know why he put the Lay on at 2.72 when he earlier indicated that he was interested in whether 2.75 was breached at which point it might be wise to get on the Lay trend. The area of interest, as he pointed out, was between 2.75 and 2.56 where there was a Lay of 6k which would suggest that there would be resistance to the price going lower than that, whereas the Betfair graph tended to suggest a certain persisteence at 2.72 in Bet terms.
Fascinating business altogether and am enjoying immensely the whole process of getting a handle on this black art.

Kind regards,

bastuncriochnatha
Dallas

As there is no £0 scratch entry point and the £128 stake is selected he's entered for 4 x £128 around 2.70/2.72

Which out watching and listening to the whole video I'd guess as the price drifted he joined around those prices now expecting it to breach 2.76 or it may have touched 2.76 and dropped back down allowing him to get an even better entry.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”