Newbie needs automating

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Stew009

I am totally new to this and possibly on the wrong page lol, but I am using the free version of Bet Angel for Betdaq and was wondering if it is possible that someone might have a guardian script so that I can automate a days racing or greyhounds. Also possibly a newbie question that might cause a laugh, if I place only a back bet is it possible to green that up across the event without doing a lay bet?
mathew3

I'm also a newbie here. Glad to see you dude. Welcome!
Dallas

Stew009 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:15 pm
I am totally new to this and possibly on the wrong page lol, but I am using the free version of Bet Angel for Betdaq and was wondering if it is possible that someone might have a guardian script so that I can automate a days racing or greyhounds. Also possibly a newbie question that might cause a laugh, if I place only a back bet is it possible to green that up across the event without doing a lay bet?
Yes when you 'green up' the software calculates and places the required back/lay and if matched you will have an equal P/L on all selections

The examples for download in the shared files section but some could be created for and used on Betdaq but you need to have some idea of what you want to automate?
Stew009

I have followed the instructions to use a greyhound bot but made a tiny profit from that, I have been reading a lot on automation and have tried downloading various files only for the system to tell me they are made for another version.
Are there any pages with instructions printed out that I may follow for horse racing, greyhounds etc.
Dallas

Stew009 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:52 pm
I have followed the instructions to use a greyhound bot but made a tiny profit from that, I have been reading a lot on automation and have tried downloading various files only for the system to tell me they are made for another version.
Are there any pages with instructions printed out that I may follow for horse racing, greyhounds etc.
You'll get that message if you try to use them on the Betdaq version
This is the start of the user guide section on automation, it explains how to set up rules and what the options do but doesn't take you through setting up specific rules ( they'd take ages to write and be very lengthy )
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/adv ... ting_.html

The automation course on the academy site also shows how to use the feature and this does include a few examples you can follow
https://online.betangelacademy.com/courses/automation

Bare in mind though both those are done for the Betfair version, all the options which are in the Betdaq version are in the Betfair version so are covered in the above links but the Betdaq version doesn't have as many options so you won't be able to do everything you see in the user guide and videos
Stew009

Well I have tried creating various rules files, and the testing has so far lost me £120. But I had a eureka moment after watching a few horse races and taking notes etc and have come up with a perfect rules file, out of a days racing only one race failed to make a profit, but also it never made a loss I just ended up with a green zero. So I am now going to watch the greyhounds to find the points I am looking for. Good luck everyone with the big one this weekend.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”