Notifications of price changes

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Arbubu

I need a service that will notify me of price changes in a number of selected markets on betfair. With a beep or a not too intrusive popup. It would also be good if I could see better price charts for those markets than are available on betfair. Could Bet Angel do that for me?
eightbo

Arbubu

OK, I've had a look at this.

Firstly I want to see more than one market at the same time. I can do this by creating a Watch List in Guardian and displaying that. But there seems to be a lot of empty space on the main window of BetAngel. Can I display more than one market there? If so, how, I can't figure it out.

Secondly I have tried creating a rule for a market in Guardian. I want to know when the price changes. I created a Historic Relative Odds Condition for the Back price to be more than it was ten seconds ago and set Signals for the Market and the Current Selection (what's the difference?). I then saved this. Nothing shows in the Automation Rules column for the main window in Guardian. And I'm not getting any signals so far as I can see. Where should they appear?

Confused.
Arbubu

OK, I've got a better understanding of how the rules work now and am getting popups. I don't want to have to press OK every time one is triggered, so perhaps I'd better switch to sounds instead. Would still like to know what a signal does.
Dallas

Arbubu wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:02 am
OK, I've had a look at this.

Firstly I want to see more than one market at the same time. I can do this by creating a Watch List in Guardian and displaying that. But there seems to be a lot of empty space on the main window of BetAngel. Can I display more than one market there? If so, how, I can't figure it out.
Yes, right click on a market in the selection window, watch list or guardian
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tra ... reens.html
Arbubu wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:19 am
OK, I've got a better understanding of how the rules work now and am getting popups. I don't want to have to press OK every time one is triggered, so perhaps I'd better switch to sounds instead. Would still like to know what a signal does.
Take your pick

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/signals.html
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11941
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11943
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17725
Arbubu

OK thanks. It seems that I can display multiple markets in different windows but not all in the main window. That's not quite what I was hoping for but it's better than nothing.

Regarding the charts:

a) I can't get the BetAngel ones to show more than the list 15 minutes or so. Is that the best I can do? and
b) If I display a betfair chart through the application will it get updated dynamically?
Arbubu

Also, if I have multiple markets, for all of which the outcomes are Yes and No, if I write a Rule for one market with a Historical Relative Odds Condition based on Yes, say, will that Rule work for all markets? I get a warning stating that it might not when I apply it, but I'm guessing that where the outcomes are the same, this might work? Otherwise I will have to duplicate my Rules for each market.
Dallas

If you add all the markets to Guardian they will start plotting from then

When creating a rule apply it to a Betfair row index rather than the 'name'

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”