Tracking best price automation?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
jamesedwards

Hi, I spent a frustrated few hours last night trying to build an automation that tracks the best available price but I couldnt get anything to work. Am I missing something simple?
jimibt

jameegray1 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 pm
Hi, I spent a frustrated few hours last night trying to build an automation that tracks the best available price but I couldnt get anything to work. Am I missing something simple?
hi james - i guess the best way to offer advice is to get a feel for what you tried already, i.e.
  • did you used stored values to track the price changes and act on those
  • are you using excel or guardian
  • are you runnning this PRE race or IP
  • have you got a manual process that you are trying to duplicate
the above is just my take on what might be required to take things further but hopefully you get the gist ;)
jamesedwards

Thanks for coming back to me. I'm looking to track the best price so I am always of equal offering the best lay price available. Either in-play or not in-play is fine.

I tried several ways of doing this, all in Guardian, including:
> using stored values to track the price but this kept throwing up back bets at 1000/1 instead of tracking the odds. I cannot figure out why it kept doing this.
> creating new back bets with 5 secs fill or cancel using a signal to tell guardian when it was time to place them again but I got lots of duplicated bets and big gaps in between bets being live
> cancelling and replacing bets based on when the lay offer is lower than my offer. But this will only track lay price decreases below my offer and not increases above my offer. And again I got big gaps in between my bets being live.

I'm just looking for advice on which way the pros would go about doing this so I can at least be fiddling around knowing I am on the right track! :)
Dallas

jameegray1 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 pm
If it's just for later viewing the easiest way would be via a data capture spreadsheet,
The following one is a no-frills one that will capture the back and lay prices, traded volume etc at the intervals you set it to
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2385

There are many more to choose from in the data section
viewforum.php?f=54
jamesedwards

No sorry, not data capture. I mean for trading automation.
Dallas

jameegray1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:01 pm
No sorry, not data capture. I mean for trading automation.
There is an example file in this thread that stores and displays the LTP on the ladder
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17507

Of course, you don't need it but it might help get you started if your wanting to place a bet in relation to the LTP
jamesedwards

I don't think I'm explaining myself very well.

I'm looking for how to get Guardian to follow and offer the best available price in the market.

For example;
1) If the best available lay price in the market is 3.00 then Guardian will post a back bet offer at 3.00.
2) If the best available lay price in the market moves to 2.98 then Guardian will cancel my back bet offer at 3.00 and place a new offer at 2.98.
3) If all the market money on offer at 3.00 goes up to 3.05 (leaving only my 3.00 available), then Guardian will cancel my back bet offer at 3.00 and place a new offer at 3.05.

How would I best go about this please?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”