BOT BACK THE FIELD SET UP

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
bizmark222

Hi
I want to set a bot up to do the following in horse racing-

If 2 or more horses go >30 (odds) pre-off AND the the FAV. is >5 then the bot will back the field apart from the 2+ horses that traded >30
Can this be done? thanks :?
sa7med

bizmark222 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:02 pm
Hi
I want to set a bot up to do the following in horse racing-

If 2 or more horses go >30 (odds) pre-off AND the the FAV. is >5 then the bot will back the field apart from the 2+ horses that traded >30
Can this be done? thanks :?
Yes this can be done using signals, but you have to think a bit more about exactly what you want to accomplish. Do you want to exclude ANY horse that touches >30 and a fav that touches >5? or just horses that are currently 30 and fav > 5? To do the former you could do the following:

Set a signal rule (favLessThan5) to 1 for the fav to trigger at fixed odds > 5.
Set a signal (numGreaterThan30) to increment when a selection is > 30 and one signal for each selection to identify the horse thats > 30 (longOddsHorse) = 1

Then create a back rule for each selection to trigger at a selected time when favLessThan5 = 1, numGreaterThan30 > 1 and longOddsHorse not equal to 1.

The latter is simpler. You just need a signal to count the number of horses that are >30.

Im no expert but something along those lines should work.
bizmark222

Thank you for your response!
When you say "create a back rule for each selection" do you mean every runner in the race? and also how do I back all the runners without the ones >30 being backed. Is there a similar rules file already been shared? Sorry for my newbie questions ;)
sa7med

bizmark222 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:36 pm
Thank you for your response!
When you say "create a back rule for each selection" do you mean every runner in the race? and also how do I back all the runners without the ones >30 being backed. Is there a similar rules file already been shared? Sorry for my newbie questions ;)
The way I do it is to set separate rules for each selection. ie back rule 1 applies to selection 1, back rule 2 selection2 etc. You'll set up a signal for each selection to trigger and set a value if >30 (ie longOddsSignal = 5). Then your back rule would contain a condition such as longOddsSignal not equal to 5, so it won't back that horse if a signal has been triggered.
bizmark222

I have tried to set it up but not sure why it will not trigger. I tried moving the odds in to definitely get a match on criteria but nothing :cry:
I have attached the file and would really appreciate if someone could take a look and point to me where I have gone wrong. thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sa7med

bizmark222 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:04 pm
I have tried to set it up but not sure why it will not trigger. I tried moving the odds in to definitely get a match on criteria but nothing :cry:
I have attached the file and would really appreciate if someone could take a look and point to me where I have gone wrong. thank you
i think the default value for signals is 1 so maybe try making it set to 2 and condition <2
Dallas

bizmark222 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:04 pm
I haven't put the rule into Guardian to check properly but viewing it in notepad looks like you've got dozens of rules?

To follow Sa7md instructions you only need 2 x Set signal rules and 1 x back bet rule
the first rule applied to the fav the other two applied to ANY selection

1st Set/Modify Signal rule to set a signal on selection with a fixed odds cond
2nd Set/Modify Signal rule to increment a signal on selection & market with a 'fixed odds condition' and 'signal set condition' on selection NOT set with a value
3rd Back Bet rule with 'Signal set condition' on selection is NOT set with a value (and test only for the name of the 2nd signal above NOT set with a value)
and 'Number of place bet triggers condition' on selection is equal to 0

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”