im not really a newbie but....

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
elway7uk

ive only been using BA for manual trading live in play racing so not explored many features.
Ive decided to try laying early morning and leaving the settings to trade out if my selection drifts and reaches my pre-set green target, at any point during the day including in play.
I left BA running all day but in races that havent even happened yet, my bet order has vanished even though i clicked "keep all".

What is the best way to leave unmatched lays sitting there all day and matched in running if needed several hours later? Just a simple lay then back, nothing fancy. If i load all markets into guardian, would that keep my orders open until they are matched?
elway7uk

Also i left an order to lay the winner of the 2.20 Ayr today, Orlaith, then back, as it drifted like i thought it would - but nothing in "log".
My lay must have been matched at some point because it won, so why no record of anything on that race?
Thanks for any enlightenment :?
Dallas

If you're using any sort of global settings ie, offset bet with greening etc the market needs to be on a trading screen or in Guardian to be refreshed and trigger the required bets.

Can you run through exactly how you're placing the bets, ie,
Place a manual lay bet on a selection, using Fill/kill and offset bet with greening
Then clicking keep unmatched bets before doing the same steps on next market
elway7uk

sorry dallas, yes im doing basically what you just said, and of course it dosent help that my pc turns itself off after a few hours, but thats my problem.
Dallas

elway7uk wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 pm
sorry dallas, yes im doing basically what you just said, and of course it dosent help that my pc turns itself off after a few hours, but thats my problem.
Firstly you do need to make sure your PC remains on and has an active connection so ensure and sleep/hibernation mode etc are disabled
If you're doing what I said you'll need to add the markets to guardian.

If not as soon as you switch to the next the offset bet won't be able to trigger (as there's nothing refreshing the market for it to know what to do).

If you use the 'Racing' tab in guardian to add all the day's races into Guardian
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gua ... ction.html

Then click on each one to open on your ladder/one-click screen place your lay bet then move onto the next Guardian will then keep refreshing that market and trigger the offset when required.

You'll then need a simple automation rule that triggers a 'Keep unmatched' bets command sometime after the offset is placed, it's very easy to set up even if you've not created a rules file before - just let me know

and that will do it.

It might be easier if you just create a rules file to do the whole thing, then its just a case of 1 click to load all the markets each day, another to apply the rules file then you just go through each race in guardian and select the runner/s you want the rule to trigger exactly the same way as in the image below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”