peters set up

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Swimming999

Hiya peter

whats your pc set up, i have a all in 1 pc set up, and can only have 2 moniters, i looking to buy a desktop pc so i can have 4 moniters , can you tell me what you have , or anyone else as got with 4 moniters please

wendy
Euler

I have several trading desks in my new office, but obviously the main one you will see is in the videos.

Nowadays you can power multiple monitors from display port or usb devices quite easily and this means you have a lot of flexibility in what you choose to do that. But my main recommendation would be something with a decent graphics card. That can make a big difference.

I'm sure some other forum members will chip in also with their experiences.
Swimming999

thanks, but could anyone else give me names of what there set up is.

cause i brought a all in one pc . but can only use 1 monitor with it, im a bit rubbish with pc lol

any help would be appreciated thank you

wendy
Euler

OK, you hopefully have some USB ports on it. If you plug one of these into it you can make your screen span more than one monitor: -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Multi- ... 225&sr=1-9
johnsheppard

Here's my experience;

In my computer I have;
- 2 of those USB to VGA converters plugged into 1080P monitors
- 2 HDMI ports plugged into 1080P monitors
- 3 USB powered and data sourced monitors.

They USB driven ones use software called displaylink to do the video processing so that uses CPU processing. For mine it works without any problems (with one exception)...I use Windows 10. I run an I7 3rd gen or so little fanless computer thing about 6 years old...

The monitors that are powered by USB and USB data sourced are AOC branded ones at 1366 x 768 resolution and they are great.. https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/aoc-156-13 ... -e1659fwu/

I typically just use mine for software engineering stuff using visual studio (rather than trading), so have never put them through full on charting or games or anything, but I dont see why they wouldnt handle anything you throw at it...

I did have a problem with lack of USB power coming from my computer when I first set them up...would cause the monitors to randomly drop out.... I had to get external USB power to solve that issue.

Don't know anything about apple stuff or how well these would work in that.

Hope that information is useful...
Swimming999

thanks guys :D :D :D :D

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”