newbie re Greyhounds

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
crispi

Hello everyone, recently joined BA and trying to understand the bewildering amount of stuff on here. I'm a dog man so it seems natural to try and start with them. I've set up my first Automation on Guardian but am nervous about whether I've got it right - i'd welcome any tips, advice or comments.
For the moment I'm just going to bet at the track that I know and am trying with a Back Bet on a specified Favourite with minimum and maximum odds and Greening just before the off. So, I've done this:

Rule Type - place a back bet
Trigger Times - 2.5 mins before the start until 15 secs before, allowing the rule to tigger 30 times every 5 secs
Applys to Selection by position x in favourites order

Parameters - Best Market Price. Stake by liability £ x

Conditions - Fixed Odds condition on current selection with a Back Price greater than x and Back price less than x
Unmatched bets in market = 0
Time since an unmatched bet = 2 secs

Addition Rule Type - Green All, 15 secs before the off, trigger 3 times, wait 5 secs

Does this achieve any number of bets being fired in as long as they comply with the rules, parameters and conditions, and there are no current unmatched bets? With all bets greening up just before the off?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”