M40 standstill -- 'Nutter on bridge'

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
megarain

So,

I thought I could watch 3 races at Warwick, before returning
For cricket.

That didn't work so well .. currently been stationary for 2 hrs, while the police try talk him down.

Is it wrong to think about framing a market ?
megarain

Or side markets ?

Under/over 3 hrs ?
Euler

Probably need a yes / no market as well?
megarain

Overs got the money .. 3.46hrs

No splat .. so negotiators won
Frogmella

A friend of mine, a policeman in the late seventies/ early eighties, tells a story of one such negotiation. It was cold and getting dark and getting near the end of the shift and finally in exasperation the copper involved, tired of all the whining, gave the guy what he wanted - a push. Negotiation complete, and a commendation from the Chief for the compassionate way it was handled.
SeaHorseRacing

Not a moan.

The nutter on the bridge is most likely there because the NHS or the government dont really give a shit about mental health. They would rather spend it on the EU or a war in the middle east.

Frustrating I am sure but maybe some more awareness about how much of our own people are in need. The guy will probably walk around looking like a normal bloke next week but he is clearly unwell. He be sectioned for a week and sent on his way because there are no physical symptoms.
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 pm
is most likely there because the NHS or the government dont really give a shit about mental health. They would rather spend it on the EU or a war in the middle east.
These days everyone's an expert who gets their news from the side of a bus, without knowing any actual FACTS.

In 1981, 2,466 women in the UK took their own lives. In 2012 had almost halved to 1,391.
In 1981, 4,129 men in the UK took their own lives. In 2012 it had risen to 4,590, one every 30 minutes.

It's a cultural problem !!!

Blaming the EU for all our problems now is ridiculous beyond belief. We've been in the EU for 43 years! I was 9 and I can tell you most of it has been ok on balance, maybe time for change if people want it, but it's hardly been purgatory.

I can tell it's going to be a long slog till June 8th. What hair isn't grey soon bl**dy will be.

Return to “Chill Out Area”