BBC Pay

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:46 pm
I once did a feature on multi media computers for blue peter. I should have worked my way up the ranks!
I wouldn't worry about it mate, Jeremy Vine is looking at you and thinking he should have taken up trading
Euler

I met him at Cheltenham last year, should have invited him onto the forum :lol:
ruthlessimon

Although it's pretty questionable; these presenters must be generating huge incomes for the BBC; or it simply wouldn't be economically viable to pay them these kind of wages.

It's also why a good trader will earn more than a good nurse. The economic benefit a good trader provides to the punters, beats the economic benefit a nurse provides to a patient. Whether it should be like that is up for debate, but that's how the economy works
BetScalper

Everyone should earn the same regardless of profession.

I'll get my coat. :)
vankancisco

The BBC is fantastic value for money, it's also a British institution that holds sway and sets standards on a global level. I'm not quite sure what the news story is with regarding what employees are paid, apart from the gender pay gap which is an issue generally in society - not specifically the BBC. Some really good talent is also acquired by the BBC on a long term basis at under the market rate - which is another reason why it is such good value.
Naffman

vankancisco wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:45 am
The BBC is fantastic value for money, it's also a British institution that holds sway and sets standards on a global level. I'm not quite sure what the news story is with regarding what employees are paid, apart from the gender pay gap which is an issue generally in society - not specifically the BBC. Some really good talent is also acquired by the BBC on a long term basis at under the market rate - which is another reason why it is such good value.
Is that you Gary? ;)

And the BBC are the first to slag anyone off yet somehow women who do the same job and are equally as good get paid half as much!
to75ne

Naffman wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:54 am
vankancisco wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:45 am

Is that you Gary? ;)

And the BBC are the first to slag anyone off yet somehow women who do the same job and are equally as good get paid half as much!
Maybe they are not as good hence the difference. :o
Euler

It Turns Out Britain’s Biggest TV Names Are Underpaid

European and U.S. TV personalities earn considerably more than those on the BBC.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ium=social
BetScalper

Euler wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:46 am
It Turns Out Britain’s Biggest TV Names Are Underpaid

European and U.S. TV personalities earn considerably more than those on the BBC.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ium=social
Probably but the US certainly doesn't have a fee paying licence.

When I lived in Spain for awhile, we had all the BBC channels and never paid a separate licence fee for them. :)
vankancisco

Comcast hold a virtually monopoly in the US, some of the bills for a cable TV package can be astronomical. It's a strong reminder of why the BBC is such a fantastic institution, and fantastic value - all for £3 per week :D

Return to “Chill Out Area”