Politically Correct Madness

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
to75ne

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am
to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 am
"I don't think the new licence means pervs and nonces can't have one, so it would kind of defeat your argument. Afterall, you can't ban them from buying/owning binoculars."

true but its another obstacle to enabling them.

but i cant see this as political correctness;

firstly its a privacy problem as far as i am concerned, i dont like them over my house and garden, secondly to many backward feeble minded stupid people in this country who will fly them near airports, or hack them to overide any inbuilt geo penning, and thirdly they are a godsend to criminals and perverts.
It's not to stop people flying them over your house. Don't you think the police have enough to do. They are not going to attend every phone call about one, only near airports or prisons, they don't have the resources to attend every call out.

If a pervert or criminal wants one then a register or safety test is not going to put them off one bit.

And like I said, they can just order one from an EU country, which will easily bypass UK customs etc.
then the police should do, cause i am have a right to privacy in my own house and garden as do my children especially in their bedrooms that superceeds your right and anybody else's to fly over my house and spy on me. under no circumstance should you be able to film above my house or through any of my windows.

these things should be heavly regulated and only allowed to be operated in specific controlled zones where nobodys privacey is breeched and everybody is safe from these things.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am
to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:18 am
"I don't think the new licence means pervs and nonces can't have one, so it would kind of defeat your argument. Afterall, you can't ban them from buying/owning binoculars."

true but its another obstacle to enabling them.

but i cant see this as political correctness;

firstly its a privacy problem as far as i am concerned, i dont like them over my house and garden, secondly to many backward feeble minded stupid people in this country who will fly them near airports, or hack them to overide any inbuilt geo penning, and thirdly they are a godsend to criminals and perverts.
It's not to stop people flying them over your house. Don't you think the police have enough to do. They are not going to attend every phone call about one, only near airports or prisons, they don't have the resources to attend every call out.

If a pervert or criminal wants one then a register or safety test is not going to put them off one bit.

And like I said, they can just order one from an EU country, which will easily bypass UK customs etc.
then the police should do, cause i am have a right to privacy in my own house and garden as do my children especially in their bedrooms that superceeds your right and anybody else's to fly over my house and spy on me. under no circumstance should you be able to film above my house or through any of my windows.

these things should be heavly regulated and only allowed to be operated in specific controlled zones where nobodys privacey is breeched and everybody is safe from these things.
There is no such thing regarding privacy in the UK unless you live in Buckingham Palace or such kind of residence.

Anyone with a rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera can get a good idea of what you are or not doing.

Didn't the CIA install cameras/software on televisions to record what people were doing in their homes etc ?
to75ne

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 am
There is no such thing regarding privacy in the UK unless you live in Buckingham Palace or such kind of residence.

Anyone with a rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera can get a good idea of what you are or not doing.

Didn't the CIA install cameras/software on televisions to record what people were doing in their homes etc ?
[/quote]

i doubt if the cia are that interested in me, and given the world we we live in today good luck them if they feel they need to do so.

because someone with " rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera" can spy and perv on people, does not justify not regulating drones quite the contrary.

by the way i would also regulate rifle scopes, and termal image camera, normal people dont have a need for them just nutters and pervs.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:57 am
BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 am

i doubt if the cia are that interested in me, and given the world we we live in today good luck them if they feel they need to do so.

because someone with " rifle scope, telescope, binoculars or thermal image camera" can spy and perv on people, does not justify not regulating drones quite the contrary.

by the way i would also regulate rifle scopes, and termal image camera, normal people dont have a need for them just nutters and pervs.
[/quote]

My god. What an idiot. Maybe you should go live in China or North Korea. You would be right at home with your privacy.
to75ne

"idiot?" well if you wish to name call at least i am not in favour of enabling pervets nonces and nutters, perhaps you are a nonce or a pervet or a nutter, you certainly appear to support them.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 am
"idiot?" well if you wish to name call at least i am not in favour of enabling pervets nonces and nutters, perhaps you are a nonce or a pervet or a nutter, you certainly appear to support them.
Go back inside and close your curtains. Twat.

Calling someone a pervert or nonce on a public forum with no evidence is against the law as its classed as slander.

I think the Police will be knocking on your door before mine.
to75ne

i never called you anything least of all "pervert or nonce" i said perhaps (also perhaps a nutter).

clearly your comprehension of english is limited which suggests you have a feeble mind.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:09 pm
i never called you anything least of all "pervert or nonce" i said perhaps (also perhaps a nutter).

clearly your comprehension of english is limited which suggests you have a feeble mind.
Call yourself a father ?

You sound like a right whimp.
to75ne

feeble very feeble, your have to do better than that. :lol:
BetScalper

:lol:

Don't forget to close your curtains before you goto bed.

:lol:
jimibt

so if milk costs £1 these days, just how much is a loaf of bread??
Dublin_Flyer

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 am
What worries me the most about them is what they can be use for in the wrong hands, i think its only a matter of time before they get used as cheap flying bombs
Dallas is on the ball here. I'm a chemical technician nearly 20 years now and explosives/chemical weapons is the main risk of drones in my view.
The airline ban on liquids over 100ml made me laugh when it was brought in, I used to work with a chemical that would need a factory evacuation if 1 capful of about 8ml was spilt on the floor. 10ml spilt would cause a plane to have an emergency landing before the crew passed out, oxygen masks would be useless to stop the pilots eyes burning.

It's a toxic corrosive lachrymator (burns eyes, throat and nose, causes tears) chemically similar to tear gas only more potent, which I won't name publicly for obvious reasons.

If a drone was loaded up with a similar substance and flown into a crowd at a football match, or synchronised attacks say at 3.10pm at all Premier League home grounds on the first day of the season, the number of fatalities from the ensuing panic/crush/rush to the exits, would make 9/11 look like a happy Disney fairy tale.

The government doesn't give a toss if you're a perv with a drone, they give a toss if you're a lunatic with a drone and the ability to fly a pound of high explosives into a crowded area during a national televised event causing nationwide panic and chaos. Restrictions on drones are needed because it's highly possible that one of the next major terrorist attacks will involve their use.
ruthlessimon

If a license is denied because that person has a motive to use it as a weapon/bomb; they should already be locked up & be flown far away from the UK!
BetScalper

They are not talking about applying for a licence with ensuing background checks etc.

1. When you buy one you have to provide photo ID so they can put your details onto a national register. They still haven't decided if you need to provide a flying type test certificate before you buy and/or before you use it.
2. They still don't know how to enforce it if you already own one prior to the law change. Can of worms this one.
3. Because we are still a member of the EU and customs union they don't know how they are going to prevent someone from ordering one from another EU country and therefore bypassing UK registration.

Obviously, I guess most GOOD citizens will willingly send their details off to be put on the national register and/or apply for and pass the air safety certificate if they already have a Done in their possession etc.

However, i very much doubt it is going to stop the existing idiots, pervs, nutters or terrorists from doing something with one they already own or can get via another EU country.

It's a bit like blocking the sale of certain acids unless you provide photo ID or some kind of licence. I am no chemical expert but I think the acid used in car batteries is rather nasty in the wrong hands. And they are freely available.

Look at gun crime since the tightening of UK Firearm Laws in 1984 and 1997. Has it gone down. Hell no, its gone up every year since. Why ?, because they are smuggled in from the EU via a number of routes. Three people caught this year had 146 pistols when stopped. During their trial it became apparent that they had made the same journey 8 times previously before being caught. That's potentially allot of firearms in the wrong hands.

Whatever you ban or restrict, people, often driven by money, by their very nature, will always find a way...
vankancisco

Gun related statistics can often be misleading, but there's a general consensus that gun controls have worked. Recent years have seen gun killings drop by as much as 66% compared to that of 20 years ago. It's quite interesting to analyse the difference in attitudes between the US and UK. The US reaction to a tragedy such as Dunblane would be to arm teachers and staff, whilst the UK decided on banning handguns. There have been no school massacres since in the UK - it's basic common sense.

Return to “Chill Out Area”