Depeche Mode

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Trader Pat

Can't beat a bit of snyth pop
Euler

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:30 pm
I just can't get enough
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:42 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
I just can't get enough
Depeche Mode win the gong for best Synth Pop band for me but best synth pop song? .......Blue Monday?

Honourable mentions to:
Yazooo: Don't Go
Donna Summer : I Feel Love
Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams

And anything by Erasure!
mcgoo

Got to go drinking til all hours in the morning with Andy Fletcher and Martin Gore in London a number of years ago (actually as I think about it..must have been the mid to late 90's) :geek: .They were first class gents and after listening to their music for years at high school it was surreal to go out with them, even more surreal (when Martin popped into his apartment - we were going to a record label Xmas party-to get a few Havana's) smoking cigars in the back of a London taxi with them :D . They organised cars and drivers to take us home at 4am Good times and once in a lifetime :)
The Griffin

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:57 am
Got to go drinking til all hours in the morning with Andy Fletcher and Martin Gore in London a number of years ago (actually as I think about it..must have been the mid to late 90's) :geek: .They were first class gents and after listening to their music for years at high school it was surreal to go out with them, even more surreal (when Martin popped into his apartment - we were going to a record label Xmas party-to get a few Havana's) smoking cigars in the back of a London taxi with them :D . They organised cars and drivers to take us home at 4am Good times and once in a lifetime :)
Wasn't that Talking Heads, not Depeche Mode?? ;)
jimibt

The Griffin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:58 pm
mcgoo wrote:
...same as it ever was!!
wearthefoxhat

Euler wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
I just can't get enough
I suppose...people are people...
Emmson

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:54 pm
Euler wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
I just can't get enough
Depeche Mode win the gong for best Synth Pop band for me but best synth pop song? .......Blue Monday?

Honourable mentions to:
Yazooo: Don't Go
Donna Summer : I Feel Love
Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams

And anything by Erasure!

Kraftwerk is where all those early 80s acts got it from in the 1st place.........Dare album by Human League is a classic in the genre, there is no filler on it imo.
mcgoo

The Griffin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:58 pm
mcgoo wrote:
:) :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”