Paypal

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
weemac

Trying to change my address on ebay gave me a message saying I have to contact them to change it because my last address was overseas; a daunting prospect, but it fits in with the possible security issues between Paypal and ebay.

Thanks to Peter Le, I've just initiated 2-step authentication on Paypal and Betfair, and have a couple of observations:

1. With betfair, despite setting my laptop as a trusted device, I still have to enter the code every time I log on. I wasn't expecting that.

2. I use betfair's app on my phone when away from my PC which only requires a 4 digit PIN code - no 2 step is required here! Also, when I close the app without logging out, it stays logged in (on the phone) apparently indefinitely. Logged in or not, it's a huge issue if I ever lose my phone or have it stolen; I'd be wide open to entire loss of BF funds. (I think I'll ask BF about this and report back any response.)

3. I do use the authenticator for Paypal, unlike Peter Le's experience.
Global1st

To be honest, I have never used the paypal payment system, so I can't express my opinion about it. Although my friend used it for a while, then switched to another one. I personally use a verified payment system and have never had problems with payments and money transfers. Very user-friendly interface and many payment options. I think it is ideal for both beginners and experienced traders. In addition, this payment system has a cashback of up to 1% on each Deposit, which is very good

Return to “Chill Out Area”