Paypal

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
ShaunWhite

+1 on the use of pre-paid cards. I fund my paypal account from a pre-paid so If my paypal gets hacked they won't have a direct link through to my bank. Ditto BF, that's via a pre-paid too.

I've used them for iro 10 years, for security but also because some of the providers aren't regulated as banks, and as such their use doesn't get logged with the credit reference agencies; credit agencies are a leaky one-stop-shop for fraudsters, bank accounts, credit agreements, previous adresses, finanical associations etc. I prefer to keep my info to myself as much as possible and that's getting harder now that we live in 1984. According to Experian etc, I bearly exist. I also wear a tinfoil hat at all times so the CIA can't read my thoughts. ;)
Dallas

I had heard of them before and think I even got one many years ago but not something I've thought about in recent years until SB post this morning, after which I've just gone and ordered the one but confess I never compared any so just went ahead with the one Peter referred to (I trust him to do my due diligence).

On thinking about it and what people have posted on this thread it's well worth doing and I see it as another sort of firewall to my accounts
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 pm
I had heard of them before and think I even got one many years ago but not something I've thought about in recent years until SB post this morning
I think that's because they have a bit of a low-rent image, seen as cards for people who can't get a bank account, so people with money just don't consider them. We're using CashPlus recently and everything is good, decent website to manage it, no monthly or transaction fees. It does amuse me that it's gold, "oooh, That'll do nicely Sir" :lol:
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:25 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 pm
I had heard of them before and think I even got one many years ago but not something I've thought about in recent years until SB post this morning
I think that's because they have a bit of a low-rent image, seen as cards for people who can't get a bank account, so people with money just don't consider them.
Think that's probably right, perhaps they're missing a marketing trick
trader44

cheers peterle i didnt know you could have it with paypal as well . i have added it to my paypal i also use it on betfair as well and suggest people add it if they havent got it already :D
weemac

Trying to change my address on ebay gave me a message saying I have to contact them to change it because my last address was overseas; a daunting prospect, but it fits in with the possible security issues between Paypal and ebay.

Thanks to Peter Le, I've just initiated 2-step authentication on Paypal and Betfair, and have a couple of observations:

1. With betfair, despite setting my laptop as a trusted device, I still have to enter the code every time I log on. I wasn't expecting that.

2. I use betfair's app on my phone when away from my PC which only requires a 4 digit PIN code - no 2 step is required here! Also, when I close the app without logging out, it stays logged in (on the phone) apparently indefinitely. Logged in or not, it's a huge issue if I ever lose my phone or have it stolen; I'd be wide open to entire loss of BF funds. (I think I'll ask BF about this and report back any response.)

3. I do use the authenticator for Paypal, unlike Peter Le's experience.
Global1st

To be honest, I have never used the paypal payment system, so I can't express my opinion about it. Although my friend used it for a while, then switched to another one. I personally use a verified payment system and have never had problems with payments and money transfers. Very user-friendly interface and many payment options. I think it is ideal for both beginners and experienced traders. In addition, this payment system has a cashback of up to 1% on each Deposit, which is very good

Return to “Chill Out Area”